Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 CR-v and the starter sucks. I live in Canada and the weather is already crap and cold and the have no garage so I have to start my car in the morning with minus 12-15 degrees and if it starts the car seat is on level 1 and usually doesn't even come close to the 20 degrees.

My question is if I BUY 3rd party car started with t bar to not void warranty, will I be able to set the temp to max and fan to max to start the car in the winter. if yes and recommendation for starters.

·
Registered
544 Posts
yes...
I have an after market remote start, Compustar G9, installed in my '17 EX. No warranty issues...unless...the issue is directly related to the remote start, which is nigh on to impossible.
I set my fan, temp and seat temp to whatever I want and when the remote is triggered it goes to those settings.
But the V isn't going to heat up like older vehicles do...it will be warmer and the seats will be warmer but nothing to brag about.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I bought the CR-v in April and before that I had a 2012 Rav4, 6 cylinder and it got hot and fast , it was great the way the ac and heat worked. I miss just the simplicity of the heating where you just use the hot and cold buttons instead of this temperature etc

·
Registered
544 Posts
Thanks, I bought the CR-v in April and before that I had a 2012 Rav4, 6 cylinder and it got hot and fast , it was great the way the ac and heat worked. I miss just the simplicity of the heating where you just use the hot and cold buttons instead of this temperature etc
Two very different motors...numbers a problem for you?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.