Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a guide to replace my 3rd Brake Light - upper. am considering red LED, but would like some simple guidance on how to open up and close the patient before i start. Already family with regular Brake, turn and back lights.

2012 CRV ...maroon.

thanks
Russ

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
The 2012 CR-V Owners Manual on Page 315 has this information:

High-mount brake light bulbs are LED type. Have an authorized Honda dealer
inspect and replace the light bulbs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2012 CR-V Owners Manual on Page 315 has this information:

Thanks Racoon. I re-read the manual and there it was just as you said. Well done. Really appreciate your response.

Am going to keep looking for something out there for a guide to replace this item, or convince me its worth the $ for Dealer work.

thanks -Russ

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,475 Posts

video and pdf are here for the accessory spoiler should explain how to replace it.

hondaautomotiveparts.com should have the light if the leds are out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks BoostedV. I'm learning....That part is sold as an assembly and as your directed, the procedures for repair are a little more complex than a typical tail/brake/running light. so i need to ponder this a little. Dealer v DIY. watch this space for future developments. ;)

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,475 Posts
Thanks BoostedV. I'm learning....That part is sold as an assembly and as your directed, the procedures for repair are a little more complex than a typical tail/brake/running light. so i need to ponder this a little. Dealer v DIY. watch this space for future developments. ;)
the link was just to show the steps to remove it or the light.
honda sells the light seperately

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
so i need to ponder this a little. Dealer v DIY.
Just a warning. If you show up at your local Honda Dealer with red LEDs and ask them to install them in your center brake light they will probably tell you No, since they are neither standard equipment or a Honda accessory.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Indeed.
either complete dealer or DIY. Totally agree. will let everyone know how this turns out.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
My friend wanted to test my third brakelight on his CR-V before ordering a new one so he sent me a disassembly guide, wasn't too difficult at first glance. Ended up selling the car before we did the swap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Success.
Purchased the part assembly on Amazon. In stalled it today with he assist of the above guidance from @BoostedV . Only wrinkle i had to overcome was during re-install, one of the flanged nuts fell , and i had to get a magnet on a stick, and successfully recovered it. a good home project.
IMG_20200104_102815.jpg IMG_20200104_102815.jpg IMG_20200104_103656.jpg IMG_20200104_103838.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts