Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Again: IT IS NOT FOUR WHEEL DRIVE, IT IS ALL WHEEL DRIVE, WHICH IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!!

There is no such thing as a 4WD CR-V. This is starting to sound like an argument on Monty Python! So - Bring us a shrubbery, and make it a good one!
Can you explain then why the CX-5 has no issue with passing this test? You seem to be implying that only 4WD vehicles are able to.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Once you have completed your own research to a sufficient degree, you will have answered these questions for yourself. Until then, you still won't understand the answers, which have already been provided. :Darn:
You are correct. I have already done plenty of research and understand why your blatant statement is false. I was just hoping you would prove me wrong by providing some more of your divine wisdom. Once again, I'm left disappointed.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
To me, it's a question asked by someone who is perfectly capable of finding the answer on his own, but is not motivated enough to do the work, so he will ask you to do it for him. A perfect example of modern education. It's why we have whole generations of college graduates who cannot spell. My point being that, if he actually knew how to learn, he would not need to ask.
The OP creates the thread and asks "why wasn't the power transferred to the rear?"
Your reply:
AWD is not the same as 4X4. Do your research.
Some of us responded that there are other vehicles that pass this test that are not 4WD. I've owned several 4WD and AWD vehicles throughout my driving life, so I'm quite aware of the differences. Your reply came across as someone that may need to do some research.

Fibber2 adds one of the best posts I've ever seen in this forum and you criticize him for it?

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I'm about to buy a new 2019 CR-V and trying to decide to with 2WD or AWD.

I know AWD isn't 4WD. I know with AWD there aren't locking differentials. I know there is large difference in what 4WD and AWD can do.

But after looking at the Youtube tests I wonder if it's really worth it. If I get it, it would only be for occasional rough dirt roads in the mountains and desert several times a year. And also maybe drives several times a year up to the snow. (I live in one of those places where the snow doesn't come to us. We have to drive to to the snow. :) ) 98% of my driving will be on dry paved roads. So I'm already on the fence about this. But if it's not even going to work that well (and not as well as some other AWD systems), then why bother?
This video is of the last version CR-V. It sounds like the issue has been addressed in the gen 5.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.