Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Moderate
2,523 Posts
Nice. We just can't get one in the US. Figures.
Also the other way around. We didn't get the Civic coupé after the seventh generation (past 2005). Or the Element, or the Pilot, or the Ridgeline, or the Odyssey.

Or the Crosstourer.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I'm about to buy a new 2019 CR-V and trying to decide to with 2WD or AWD.

I know AWD isn't 4WD. I know with AWD there aren't locking differentials. I know there is large difference in what 4WD and AWD can do.

But after looking at the Youtube tests I wonder if it's really worth it. If I get it, it would only be for occasional rough dirt roads in the mountains and desert several times a year. And also maybe drives several times a year up to the snow. (I live in one of those places where the snow doesn't come to us. We have to drive to to the snow. :) ) 98% of my driving will be on dry paved roads. So I'm already on the fence about this. But if it's not even going to work that well (and not as well as some other AWD systems), then why bother?
Here is the gen5 roller test. It is interesting to see how much it improves over previous:

https://youtu.be/IYtV4qMhNlA

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,661 Posts
Also the other way around. We didn't get the Civic coupé after the seventh generation (past 2005). Or the Element, or the Pilot, or the Ridgeline, or the Odyssey.

Or the Crosstourer.
Or the thing that aggravates me the most - no manual transmissions. Add in the CVT, which is adding insult to injury, and Honda loses me as a new car buyer ever. They have engineered themselves right out of the realm of common sense, IMO. They no longer make anything I would consider desirable, let alone not fraught with problems. The only Hondas I would buy now are older ones.

·
Moderate
2,523 Posts
They still have all models available with a stick over here (apart from hybrids, obv).

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.