Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 LX 5spd awd
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this weekend I hit 500 miles on the rebuild engine. Did the 1at oil change and the oil was golden and didn't burn the slightest bit.

My advisor bought a 89 and we were going to fix it up but it has just to many issues. We are going to part it out. I got 1st Dibs on parts. Finally got some nerf bars! Also got trunk mat. So excited for.l the nerf bars. They will be going on tomorrow!

·
Registered
1998 CR-V EX 4spd auto "Big Green" completely stock with roof rack and front mud flaps
1,015 Posts
How's the new oil pan holding up? No leaks yet?

·
Registered
2000 LX 5spd awd
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Lochinvar not a drop. For the lowest price oil pan om Amazon I'm amazed with how well it's made and holding up. However is I were do it again I'd use the ridged felpro oil pan gasket. Put one on a customers car the other day and was really impressed with it.

·
Registered
1998 CR-V EX 4spd auto "Big Green" completely stock with roof rack and front mud flaps
1,015 Posts
Do you think that Fel-Pro is better than the factory gasket? Someone was recommending a gasket called 'my Honda habit.' have you seen those?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,303 Posts
IMO Fel-Pro gaskets are well made. Always worth considering.
They HAVE resulted in issues with some applications (head gaskets).

Better than factory? Prob not.

·
Registered
00&01 CRV
190 Posts
Congrats on the nerf bars. Score.

·
Registered
2000 LX 5spd awd
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes imo the felpro oil pan gasket is way better then the factory one. I will never use a factory one on my cars again

·
Registered
2000 LX 5spd awd
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also.. yes I know she needs a bath. Thats also fresh off the lift. The back will sag into place. It's normally not that high in the ass.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts