Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
did you use actual Honda MTF? Iv'e seen this many times repair shops uses Gear Oil as suppose a Honda MTF the shifting becomes stiff. I know that Honda MTF is a non EP lube. Also try this in the morning before shifting it into gear try pumping the pedal 5x then shift it see if it improves.
I replaced the oil and purchased the oil from Honda, Genuine Honda MTF.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
did you use actual Honda MTF? Iv'e seen this many times repair shops uses Gear Oil as suppose a Honda MTF the shifting becomes stiff. I know that Honda MTF is a non EP lube. Also try this in the morning before shifting it into gear try pumping the pedal 5x then shift it see if it improves.
Peanut said it shifts fine BEFORE the engine is started but, after the engine is running, and until it and the tranny warm up, the shifting is very difficult. After that the shifting is fine. That's what I got out of it.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Peanut said it shifts fine BEFORE the engine is started but, after the engine is running, and until it and the tranny warm up, the shifting is very difficult. After that the shifting is fine. That's what I got out of it.
Buffalo4
Yip, that's it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an idea. What about the pilot bearing? It could be dry and be keeping the input shaft from turning at a different speed, then once the engine warms up it "relaxes" and allows the input shaft to turn easier. That would explain why with the engine off it shifts easily.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think that it is your clutch...

Start it in gear, hold the clutch down, take it out of gear and put it back in. It should slip right back in. If it doesn't...you've got problems, and it ain't oil.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have an idea. What about the pilot bearing? It could be dry and be keeping the input shaft from turning at a different speed, then once the engine warms up it "relaxes" and allows the input shaft to turn easier. That would explain why with the engine off it shifts easily.
By pilot bearing you mean the clutch release bearing?

I think that it is your clutch...

Start it in gear, hold the clutch down, take it out of gear and put it back in. It should slip right back in. If it doesn't...you've got problems, and it ain't oil.
Doubt it's the clutch but what kind of clutch issue would cause difficult shifting only when not at operating temps?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts