Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Link to Youtube Video Comparison

This is pretty much old news at this point. I mean the CR-V has already came in 1st place in pretty much every other comparison that has been done for the compact crossover SUV class. But add another victory to the list. This time its Edmunds.. with three different reviewers who all reach the same conclusion. The 5th Gen CR-V is simply a better all around vehicle and the best choice for the majority buyers looking for a compact crossover SUV.

There's no doubt the Mazda is fancier and more luxurious. But its also significantly more expensive for the turbo and still incredibly cramped on the inside.. the CX-5 might as well be a sub-compact crossover. I have no idea what Toyota was thinking with their redesign of the RAV4. They had three years to study the existing CR-V, before they launched the new RAV4 and every reviewer has confirmed the new RAV4 is just too slow, too loud, too small and uses way to much cheap plastic for its ridiculous asking price. The 5th Gen CR-V has now been on sale since fall 2016 (as a 2017 model) and almost four years later.. there still isnt a better bang for the buck.

Youtube comparisons like this were really helpful when I was shopping for a new ride. People have been raving about the 5th gen CR-V for years now.. and reviews like this show exactly why. Before I settled on a purchase, I was on the fence about the new RAV4 vs the new CR-V. Until I actually priced the new RAV4.. almost $40,000 for the top trim levels and every review agrees the CR-V flat out kicks its butt. Glad I waited for the reviews before making a choice.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
This was posted up the other day here .

Edmunds is trash lol cant trust a review from someone that points out in the video the crv got a volume
Knob when it was the civic lol

I love Edmunds! I basically test a reviewer by looking at their reviews of vehicles I have owned or driven extensively. Edmunds always seems to be dead on with my own assessment of each vehicle I know intimately. That gives me a lot of trust in them when they talk about vehicles that I am not as familiar with.

BTW the lady that made that statement was a guest reviewer from another channel.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.