Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any1 on 5th gen rocking the stock tires on upstate ny? i mean on winter, i mainly drive to albany/colonie/schenectady/troy and cant decide whether to switch my brand new hancooks. any insight as to your driving experience in the area w/ the stock tires on winter time would be helpful.. feelsbad to switch tires if necesary considering their a week old...

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
We have family in utica, but live in central NJ so we drive up alot & get 3/4 nor'easters a season .
Stocks are fine however if you drive alot i’d sell and get a good all climate while u can recoup a few bucks on them.

i just switched out my ecopias (with 12/13k on them )and sold them for Goodyear WeatherReadys

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have family in utica, but live in central NJ so we drive up alot & get 3/4 nor'easters a season .
Stocks are fine however if you drive alot i’d sell and get a good all climate while u can recoup a few bucks on them.

i just switched out my ecopias (with 12/13k on them )and sold them for Goodyear WeatherReadys
so dedicated snow tires u think are not mandatory in my area? i was eying the michelin cross something.. does tire rack accept trade in or like sell em my current tires? tia

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
so dedicated snow tires u think are not mandatory in my area? i was eying the michelin cross something.. does tire rack accept trade in or like sell em my current tires? tia
trade ins no.
Rather then do winter and all season switching , i did the all climates. Its a new class you get winter performance in winter, anti hydroplaning in rain etc

they are awesome.
I stacked codes, promos to drop the price dramatically

i have 19’s and did 235/55/19
Which retail for $249 a tire. I ended up about $160 installed

should be lower for you with the smaller size but money well spent.

some crv owner on Craigslist will buy your stocks for 250/300

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
trade ins no.
Rather then do winter and all season switching , i did the all climates. Its a new class you get winter performance in winter, anti hydroplaning in rain etc

they are awesome.
I stacked codes, promos to drop the price dramatically

i have 19’s and did 235/55/19
Which retail for $249 a tire. I ended up about $160 installed

should be lower for you with the smaller size but money well spent.

some crv owner on Craigslist will buy your stocks for 250/300
ty for your input, i didnt know bout all climate, i thought that was just a synonym for all season tires, ill read more on them

·
Registered
23 Posts
I live in the Finger Lakes and found the Hankook Kinergy GTs to be HORRIBLE in the snow. I also just got the Goodyear Weatherready Assurance and they are great in the snow. If not those, at least up on all-weather tires that have the 3 mountain peak snow rating.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,593 Posts
no its these

& went on these accord rims 19x8.5 with the harmonic strips

quietest ride ever and with me, wife, daughter and trunk full of junk i got 38.9mpg for a trip upstate for thanksgiving
View attachment 136631 View attachment 136632 View attachment 136633 View attachment 136634
I have to say.. that looks like a very innovative tread design in an all weather tire.

Will definitely take a look at these when it comes time to replace my Hankooks. I don't have snow to deal with, but these should be cracker jack for rain and slippery roads I would imagine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I live in the Finger Lakes and found the Hankook Kinergy GTs to be HORRIBLE in the snow. I also just got the Goodyear Weatherready Assurance and they are great in the snow. If not those, at least up on all-weather tires that have the 3 mountain peak snow rating.
thnx, wud you say they better than like a pirelli scorpion? which is what i was planning to buy, a dedicated snow tire

·
Registered
23 Posts
thnx, wud you say they better than like a pirelli scorpion? which is what i was planning to buy, a dedicated snow tire
Sorry for the slow delay. I don't have any experience with the Scorpion model. Tirerack.com should be releasing their winter tire shootout soon, I'd think, so maybe they'll have more info. These Goodyear Weatherready tires have turned my ride into a tank. A cold tank, but still, a tank.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have to say.. that looks like a very innovative tread design in an all weather tire.

Will definitely take a look at these when it comes time to replace my Hankooks. I don't have snow to deal with, but these should be cracker jack for rain and slippery roads I would imagine.
From what I've read, when tires add on more snow/ice traction they usually give up some wet handling. An exception maybe is the Michelin Crossclimate, but they are $$$

1 - 16 of 16 Posts