Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm sure this idea has been explored by some, but, I think it begs the question (if it's been asked before, I'm sorry, I haven't found it anywhere in my readings): What are the possibilities of changing the final drive ratio to a more agreeable highway gearing and simply retaining the factory 5 speed config? Besides the obvious 6 gears are better than 5 argument? I'm on the verge of doing the 6 speed conversion and just want to explore all the options. Or, for that matter, swap in the 6th gear AND change the final drive. A little help from those in the know, please. Oh, this will be going into a 2nd Gen '04 CRV EX if that matters at all.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
will this work on a 2002 2.0L crv? the reason i ask is all i see in these threads and internet searching is not in first gen but in the second gen only. i dont know anything about the crv in particular. do i need a k series setup to do this or can i use the b series trans? some specific info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I am probably going to do this conversion this winter since I'm planning on replacing the clutch and taking care of a few other items while the engine is out. Someone mentioned changing the gear ratio and retaining the 5 speed. My thoughts are that's probably not as cost effective and if you were to want to tow something, the new gears wouldn't be very good for that. With the 6 speed, you could tow in 5th and keep your power.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody know a good transmission shop in north Ga or south Tn that can do this 6 speed conversion or can any good shop do it? And where do I order the parts?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts