Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Semi click bait title. Long story short, I have a 2001 CRV awd 5 speed in my garage as a potential flip, got it for 600 bucks. Sitting next to it, I have a full built LS vtec long block. Darton wet sleeves, Pistons rods etc etc. Obviously, it would need a few custom mods to get it perfect, but are there that many high HP Crvs out there?

Look forward to hearing what you guys think.

Cronk.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
The transmission would probably need to be beefed up, or at least the clutch. The 1st gen CR-Vs really aren't made for high speeds though. Too unstable. But that extra horsepower would be great for an off-road CR-V, provided the transfer and rear differential could handle the extra output.

·
Registered
25 Posts
maybe there isn't any high power out there? would be super badass if there was a couple. ive seen a couple high hp mini vans out there before lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Id bet a turbo'ed for S/C'ed J30/J35 could get you in that range too, and probably with a little more leg room to spare too(in terms of power building).

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,782 Posts
I read LS and thought Chevy LS crate motor, all big block muscular HP.
Then I start thinking about cutting out the rear end and making a mid engines V8 monster....driving the rear wheels..

I think you need to go join a Civic ricer forum. Pretty sure they have dropped in everything from Turbos to J35 engines...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts