Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How / why does a video like this get made and posted to YouTube? Why would anyone officially affiliated with Honda want this seen by the public?
In fairness, proliferation of and access to social media means people simply "can" do it - the "reasons" come a very distant second....

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As said, people just "do".

Anyway, interesting insight that a new, unshipped motor had to be disassembled to rectify that fault....

· Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,577 Posts
So in the video, the description of the fault detected right off the truck was a shorted airbag system. The tech found a short in the wiring harness. Other than the labor hours to pull the dash apart to get to and fix the problem, it really does not seem like that serious of an issue, and good for the dealer finding and not a new owner.

While it is possible this escaped QA checks at the factory, I doubt it. More likely something shorted out while in transit, due to mechanical jostling of the tied down vehicle to the carrier bed.

Things like this can happen. Which is why there is a long dealer prep checklist for dealers to go through once a new vehicle is off the delivery truck, not to mention a 3/36 warranty.... to address any strange defect like this at no cost to owners.

· Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,577 Posts
How / why does a video like this get made and posted to YouTube? Why would anyone officially affiliated with Honda want this seen by the public?
I think in this case, the service tech was doing two things: 1) showing the dash disassembly in order to track down and correct a bad harness assembly. 2) probably a bit of showing off his knowledge and expertise.

I don't think the video casts Honda in a bad light really, since Honda caught it and corrected it before it was sold/delivered to a new owner. If anything, it demonstrates this particular dealership is being diligent in dealer prep and check list sign-off.

· Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
2,087 Posts
I think in this case, the service tech was doing two things: 1) showing the dash disassembly in order to track down and correct a bad harness assembly. 2) probably a bit of showing off his knowledge and expertise.

I don't think the video casts Honda in a bad light really, since Honda caught it and corrected it before it was sold/delivered to a new owner. If anything, it demonstrates this particular dealership is being diligent in dealer prep and check list sign-off.
I’m betting that would not be most people’s reaction. Wonder if the tech is still employed?

· Registered
03 CRV
1,013 Posts
I find the video helpful. If you have a 2023 CRV and you have a problem with a wire in the dash harness, it could save you a lot of time by knowing there is a potential pinch point.

As a customer, I think it’s better to find the problem pre delivery than having an unknown, hidden manufacturing defect become an issue after warranty expires.

Maybe I’m in a good mood and not so cynical today.

· Registered
233 Posts
So in the video, the description of the fault detected right off the truck was a shorted airbag system. The tech found a short in the wiring harness. Other than the labor hours to pull the dash apart to get to and fix the problem, it really does not seem like that serious of an issue, and good for the dealer finding and not a new owner.

While it is possible this escaped QA checks at the factory, I doubt it. More likely something shorted out while in transit, due to mechanical jostling of the tied down vehicle to the carrier bed.

Things like this can happen. Which is why there is a long dealer prep checklist for dealers to go through once a new vehicle is off the delivery truck, not to mention a 3/36 warranty.... to address any strange defect like this at no cost to owners.
Agree, That during transit the issued occurred . Wonder what factory it came from? I would imagine issues like this happen now and then

I have a hand View attachment 159062 View attachment 159062 View attachment 159062
craft issue with mine found out after driving home the next day. Dealership didn't want to replace or fix.
Was yours built in Canada or the US.?

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They said I have signed the inspection paper and that I have left the dealership.
Thats ridiculous. Your dealer is copping out now that they have your money for the car.

Its clearly a poor quality build issue. Escalate to Honda Corp HQ and let us know how you get on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts