Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

6G 2023 Build Quality Issues

4098 Views 27 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  TheDarkKnight
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thing is, dealers know what to look for in PDI's.

Not every customer/buyer will be as aware or be as thorough. Not impugning you in any way, but the fact your dealer is keen to brush you away on something like this means I wouldnt ever trust them to do any work on my car ever again.

I've seen cars rejected for less than that frankly - and I'd reject that car on that trim faux-pas if they ever said they cant do anything about it. Its because they dont want to - because it costs them time and money. Neither of which are your problem if they hand over to you a shoddy built car.

· Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,577 Posts
They said I have signed the inspection paper and that I have left the dealership.
Factory warranty STILL applies, particularly for early discovered manufacturing defects, as owners are NOT expected to find every factory cosmetic defect "before signing". Open a case with Honda Customer Support and tell them you need help getting the dealer to honor the terms and conditions of the factory warranty.

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just an observation, but as 6G ownership expands, there seems to be more with issues from new.....

· Registered
2023 Sport Touring Hybrid (Urban Gray Pearl)
18 Posts
Took delivery of my 2023 Sport Touring Hybrid on Jan. 13. Love it so far but I noticed the picture from the rear camera is not very clear. It is certainly usable but compared to my 2015 Touring it is blurry. Returned to the dealer this morning and the service advisor said it is definitely blurry and needs to be replaced. He said there no adjustment is possible. A new camera has been ordered and should be available in about a week. Once it's in, I'll have the camera replaced. Haven't noticed any other problems with the car. Very quiet and smooth with plenty of power. I have about 146 miles on it so far with a combination of city and freeway driving.

· Registered
64 Posts
Yeah blurry isn't normal unless it's dirty or wet. For some reason this gets dirtier faster than my 2015 did. I think it's less protected. Let's hope the new camera solves the problem. Too bad we don't get the Canadian version that has the camera cleaner built in.

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Returned to the dealer this morning and the service advisor said it is definitely blurry and needs to be replaced.
Good that its being replaced under warranty.

Although pretty poor that a new car has such a glaring defect to begin with.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts