Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

What MPG are you getting on average from your 6th Gen Honda CR-V?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· The. Admin. Istrator.
12,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What MPG are you getting on average from your 6th Gen Honda CR-V?

This includes both 1.5T and 2.0NA Hybrid models.

Please state in your post(s) which model/variant you have :)

(And if you haven't already, please kindly complete your profile info with your vehicle details).

Reactions: UK-Kev

· Registered
37 Posts
I’ve been doing some testing and here are some initial results

23 CRV Sport 1.5T Canadian variant AWD

I have been trying a few things since my mpg is way off lol

I had 91 miles remaining in my tank
my avg consumption was 27 mph over my first 650miles prior to the trip combined 50-50 highway /city

So I decided to pay attention on my next trip which was strictly freeway at speed of 70miles per hr for the trip in my test it was babied never over 3k rpm
distance was 55.9miles according to google maps when I arrived I had 12-13 miles remaining in my tank

quite a big difference obviously no stop and go no traffic and ac/heating were off meanwhile seat warmers were on
Somehow miles calculated by Honda and google in relative difference were off by 22 miles on a 56mile trip??? I mean if it was a few miles I wouldn’t have second guessed it had to go back and do the math ….

So I did some more math
I filled up once plus the original full tank and another half tank (maybe slightly more tank for me to fill is usually 77 cad I paid 40$ for half or just ever over but let’s be generous and count it as half :)
I want to be detailed as possible and accurate

so two full tanks and one half tank or ever slightly more gave me exactly 733 miles
So 35-35.5 gallons have me 733 miles which is just under 21 mpg I felt it was way off so I had to do the math as it was not close to what I was expecting or what the dash was reporting

Since we are on the topic and maybe there is someone with a better understanding

Hybrid FWD 43/36 mpg
AWD 40/34 mpg

We see 3mpg drop in city and 2 mpg drop in hwy driving when adding awd which totally makes sense

Meanwhile
1.5T FWD 28/34 AWD 27 / 32

conclusion awd impact on city driving on hybrid is 3mpg or 3x what it is on the 1.5T

I for some reason expected opposite results since hybrid is at its best in the city driving when it comes to milage. Just wondering why the awd would make that much more of a difference in hybrid vs 1.5city when adding awd to both models
all other numbers fall in line

based on numbers provided by Honda

· Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
10,698 Posts
I am particularly interested in the 1.5T results on gen6s.. especially city mpg.

I know Honda changed the tuning on the 1.5T for model year 2023, giving it more power at lower rpms, which I would expect might modestly improve city driving fuel economy (with all the stops at traffic lights and needing to accelerate back to speed).

· Registered
37 Posts
I am particularly interested in the 1.5T results on gen6s.. especially city mpg.

I know Honda changed the tuning on the 1.5T for model year 2023, giving it more power at lower rpms, which I would expect might modestly improve city driving fuel economy (with all the stops at traffic lights and needing to accelerate back to speed).
i would also love some comparative data as mine is pretty bad so far (I ordered a hybrid because I am truly impressed with the comfort and size of this vehicle and how smooth it is ) i loveee the look and I will be keeping it for 5+ as it ticks all the boxes for me personally.

As far as consumption I know it’s not me the 22 civic was right on for me or relatively close to advertised and I don’t have a lead foot lol

· Registered
2023 CR-V EX-L Canyon River Blue
2 Posts
City driving is giving me about 9.1 L/100 km with lots of hills, short trips, and traffic.Auto start stop is turned off. A recent highway trip gave 8.0 L/100 km. Plenty of hills and wind.

City driving is giving me about 9.1 L/100 km with lots of hills, short trips, and traffic.Auto start stop is turned off. A recent highway trip gave 8.0 L/100 km. Plenty of hills and wind.
Works out to 29 MPG highway and 26 MPG city.

· Registered
87 Posts
i just did a 800 mile trip
the gas consumption beat the manufacturer data (32 highway is what Honda stated)
as my dash show 34.7mpg

By the way, the adaptive cruise control is fun,
i set the speed very high and the car is like rocket searching for car to follow.
i was following a very fast sedan and it has no problem to keep up with it

however, i have an incident with the car.
the car couldn't recognize the long traffic cones on the side.
Lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control and departure warning were forced to shut off
those warning keep popping on the dash with orange alert and told me to check at the dealer.
the car was back to normal after leaving the work zone and it went back to green again

Speedometer Odometer Gauge Trip computer Tachometer

· The. Admin. Istrator.
12,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the car couldn't recognize the long traffic cones on the side.
Lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control and departure warning were forced to shut off
(Off topic but...)

As they should.

Cones arent a solid line for the camera/Sensing suite to recognise.

Reactions: EXcommunicated

· Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
2,395 Posts
44mpg is close to Toyota
i think Gen6 would be better than 36-37 since it has the new hybrid system
i am happy for Honda with the improvement
My 2020 hybrid had a mpg rating of 40/35, the Gen 6 is 40/34, so no improvement in predicted mpg.

36-37 is what my computer shows I’ve averaged over 25k miles. I think people that are diligent about manually computing their mileage have said the computer overstates mpg by 1-3 mpg, so an actual mpg of 34-35 is probably real life.

· Registered
2023 Honda CR-V Mk 6 Sport Touring (hybrid)
37 Posts
Hybrid. I’ve only taken two trips so far. The first was over 100 miles with heavy rain. I managed to get 40.4 mpg. The second was about 50 miles, again on wet roads, and I got 42.4. I will post updates periodically when I fill the car.

· Registered
2023 Honda CR-V Mk 6 Sport Touring (hybrid)
37 Posts
So was that mostly highway miles? That sounds pretty good.
The longer trip was about 15 percent city, 35 percent rural 4-lane at 55-60 mph, 25 percent rural 2-lane, and 25 percent twisty mountainous road. The shorter trip was 50 percent 4-lane divided highway at 60-65 mph and 50 percent rural 2-lane with some curves and mild hills. Both trips had rain-covered roads. I think it will do a little better on dry pavement.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts