Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

What MPG are you getting on average from your 6th Gen Honda CR-V?

6th Gen Honda CR-V MPG Thread

10459 Views 98 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  wizardoforange
What MPG are you getting on average from your 6th Gen Honda CR-V?

This includes both 1.5T and 2.0NA Hybrid models.

Please state in your post(s) which model/variant you have :)

(And if you haven't already, please kindly complete your profile info with your vehicle details).
Reactions: UK-Kev
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
In the US, hybrids are definitely ALL about fuel efficiency
No doubt - its marketing. Same on this side of the pond. But the fundamentals of a hybrid in lowering tailpipe emissions is not talked about since many chase fuel savings - thats what sells cars :)

Reactions: Jo.Woodburn

· Registered
233 Posts
Agree with the emission part. This car shines for folks that primarily do short around town stuff or work related driving that's limited to short drives. I can get 35mpg HWY with the 1.5, not consistently though. The other benefits is towing rating and some more structural improvements on Hybrid models. I'm curious how long the battery will last and the 2 electric motors. Some people complain the turbo is a sore maintenance spot but what about the Hybrid components ?

· Registered
2023 CR-V Sport Touring
183 Posts
No doubt - its marketing. Same on this side of the pond. But the fundamentals of a hybrid in lowering tailpipe emissions is not talked about since many chase fuel savings - thats what sells cars :)
You wouldn't happen to have any links about the lower emissions or point me in the right direction on this site. Still have over a month before I take delivery and I am running out of things to read.

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Google is awash wih various pro/cons of hybrid emissions etc @Jo.Woodburn :)

I'm sure the US DoT or EPA sites will have some blurb(s) around it :)

· Registered
2023 CR-V Sport Touring
183 Posts
Google is awash wih various pro/cons of hybrid emissions etc @Jo.Woodburn :)

I'm sure the US DoT or EPA sites will have some blurb(s) around it :)
Thank you, I hadn't really considered emissions beyond it would have to be reduced. I am not very good at waiting for anything. Since I am a nerd I am trying to pass the time by learning everything I can about my car now.

· Registered
2022 CRV Hybrid
15 Posts
I don't understand how changing the interior temperature can have that big an effect on your mileage?
In the winter the engine runs the heat, defroster etc., so the engine will always be on when your trying to keep warm, in the summer the A/C can be run on the battery so your mpg will be higher.

it’s like 11F now where I live I’m way down to 26.5 mpg yep that low. In the summer I was doing 37/38.

· Registered
3 Posts
I just completed a 385 mile circuit. About the first third of the trip went across the Great Smoky Mountains to Knoxville and resulted in an elevation loss from the starting point of about 1000 feet. The middle third of the trip was driving in and around Knoxville. The last third of the trip was the return leg by a different route across the Unicoi Mountains with an overall ascent of about 1000 feet. Net elevation change was zero. Driving conditions were a mix of mountains, rural two-lane roads, city streets, and freeway/4-lane highway (all on dry roads). Despite being intimately familiar with the terrain, I set destinations in my GPS because I read somewhere that doing so causes the computer to plan for and optimize regenerative braking on the programmed route based on the terrain that is coming up along that route. Overall fuel economy was 42.6 mpg on the computer and the calculation at the pump returned 42.2 mpg.
I'm from Knoxville, but stuck in Texas. Sooooo jealous of this route! I can't wait to visit family and drive on E. TN roads! (Texas roads are all straight and boorrrring!!)

· Registered
2023 CR-V Hybrid Sport Touring - Meteorite Gray/Gray Interior
14 Posts
Is it me or would this thread be more useful if divided into two threads...one for ICE and one for Hybrid? If I buy an ICE vehicle, then the Hybrid's fuel mileage is pretty irrelevant...and vice versa. Just a thought...not a criticism.

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Is it me or would this thread be more useful if divided into two threads...one for ICE and one for Hybrid? If I buy an ICE vehicle, then the Hybrid's fuel mileage is pretty irrelevant...and vice versa. Just a thought...not a criticism.
No, it becomes too messy and too many pinned threads.

Thats why in the opening post, I requested folks mention whether their MPG relates to a Hybrid or 1.5T - in large part because a great many people, despite being asked, do not fill in their vehicle details in their profile - which in turn would assist for future queries without other members needing to ask what model/variant they have :)

Anyway, back to the thread please :)

· Registered
2023 Honda CR-V Mk 6 Sport Touring (hybrid)
44 Posts
I'm from Knoxville, but stuck in Texas. Sooooo jealous of this route! I can't wait to visit family and drive on E. TN roads! (Texas roads are all straight and boorrrring!!)
Have you been to the Big Bend area yet? It is mountainous as heck (desert mountains) and it’s a fun place to visit in the fall through spring.

· Registered
37 Posts
The longer trip was about 15 percent city, 35 percent rural 4-lane at 55-60 mph, 25 percent rural 2-lane, and 25 percent twisty mountainous road. The shorter trip was 50 percent 4-lane divided highway at 60-65 mph and 50 percent rural 2-lane with some curves and mild hills. Both trips had rain-covered roads. I think it will do a little better on dry pavement.
At those speeds a regular CRV would get 35+. Lol

· Registered
64 Posts
So I'm new- just got the 2023 Sport Touring yesterday.
Right now, I'm disappointed in the MPG. I got 25 @ 65 mph highway for 150 miles. That's way worse than my 2015 CRV EX - which would get 32-33 on highway at 65. I understand the hybrid isn't a factor at highway... but it shouldn't be 25 mpg.

There are two things: 1 -It's a balmy 3 degrees - up from -7 F. And it's brand new.
Looking forward to some better numbers.
BTW: Had to turn around in Ohio today and go back to Indiana- too many slide-offs and wrecks. Christmas plans down the drain.
So, now that it's 50-60F and the car has about 500 miles on it, I'm getting much closer to the rated MPG on the trip-o-meter for my '23 Sport Touring . On a 70 minute highway drive at a steady 60-70 mph it was 34 mpg. I'm getting 40+ on suburban driving. Very short trips with a cold engine costs mpg though. The 5 miles to work after overnight gets in the mid-30's mpg - but that's reasonable given that it's just getting warmed up the first couple of miles.

· Registered
44 Posts
Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Gauge Tachometer

I have to brag a little on my CR-V’s recent fuel economy. The computer showed 44 mpg after 348 miles of mixed driving in the mountains, hilly roads, city streets and 70 mph freeway. I filled it up with 7.5 gallons of gas, which calculates to 46.4 mpg. It has consistently returned about 2 mpg better than the computer says. I’m impressed and thrilled with my ride. The only hyper-mile techniques that I employ are avoiding jackrabbit starts and I use the regenerative braking paddles on the steering wheel whenever it makes sense to do so.

· Registered
44 Posts
I made a 181.7 mile trip to Chattanooga and back today, about 30 percent mountain roads, 30 percent four-lane highway, 25 percent freeway, and 15 percent city streets. The roads were dry for the first part of the trip, followed by about 30 minutes of torrential rain, and then wet to damp on the return leg. The heater was on for a good deal of the trip, and one heated seat was used the whole time. The on-board computer indicated 43.1 mpg (5.45 litres per 100 km). It took 4.1 gallons to fill the tank, resulting in 44.3 mpg (5.3 litres per 100 km). Though the computer has consistently read just a little low, the difference is rather minuscule (about 3 percent). I continue to be thrilled with the performance and economy of Honda's brilliant piece of engineering.

Speedometer Odometer Tachometer Steering part Gauge

· Registered
2023 Honda CRV Sport Hybrid
64 Posts
My gas light came on, I added 1 gallon (expensive station). The estimated range hasn't changed but it decreases 1 mile for every couple I drive. Odd behavior. Anyone willing to run a similar test on their 23 Sport? In my 2017 if I added 1 gallon the range reflected it immediately.

· Registered
23 Posts
My gas light came on, I added 1 gallon (expensive station). The estimated range hasn't changed but it decreases 1 mile for every couple I drive. Odd behavior. Anyone willing to run a similar test on their 23 Sport? In my 2017 if I added 1 gallon the range reflected it immediately.
Do you ever fill your tank? If so, is the resulting estimated range similiar each time you do it?

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
The estimated range hasn't changed but it decreases 1 mile for every couple I drive.
Its not rocket science - if you drive, you use fuel thus the range decreases. :)

Reactions: ravenuer

· Registered
2023 Honda CRV Sport Hybrid
64 Posts
Its not rocket science - if you drive, you use fuel thus the range decreases. :)
Yes, but when I add 1 gallon of fuel and the car doesn't indicate an additional 40 miles of range - something ain't right.

I've only filled up one time before and that was a 1/2 tank worth. I'll fill up tonight and see what happens.

Today, I drove over 20 highway miles with very little 'EV' time and my remaining range went from 20 to 12.

Speedometer Vehicle Car Odometer Steering part

I filled up. With 12 miles of range left, I was able to squeeze 12.15 gallons into the tank resulting in a new range calculation of 506. As a test, I stopped filling after 2 gallons and range did go from 12 to 134. Regardless, I'm getting about 42 mpg (as the CRV calculates) over the 900+ miles I've driven. Very happy!

41 - 60 of 99 Posts