Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

6th Gen Honda CR-V Price Reporting Thread

28676 Views 179 Replies 57 Participants Last post by  icarus
Pease use this section to discuss 6G CR-V (1.5T and 2.0 Hybrid) pricing ONLY.

Off topic posts will be removed without notice.

If you wish to discuss trims/specs/features and/or grind axes on that, then use THIS LINK.

Thank you!
41 - 60 of 180 Posts

· Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,577 Posts
Gen6.

The underlying notion being that Honda's new generations are pretty buggy the first year.
It is an exaggerated and misplaced notion, used by a select few disgruntled owners, most of whom probably wake up disgruntled every day, and owning a Honda has nothing directly to do with it.

Any attentive read of field issues with gen5s at the NHTSA website shows a clean, though not perfect, largely defect free life cycle.

The track record for gen5s has actually been really good. And those issues that did crop up in the field, were quickly addressed by Honda in most cases, at no charge to owners.

· Registered
2020 CR-V Touring
229 Posts
It is an exaggerated and misplaced notion, used by a select few disgruntled owners, most of whom probably wake up disgruntled every day, and owning a Honda has nothing directly to do with it.

Any attentive read of field issues with gen5s at the NHTSA website shows a clean, though not perfect, largely defect free life cycle.

The track record for gen5s has actually been really good. And those issues that did crop up in the field, were quickly addressed by Honda in most cases, at no charge to owners.
Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I agreed (or disagreed) with him. Just explaining the rationale behind his remark.

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
OK lets stick to pricing please.

Many thanks :)

· Registered
CRV
15 Posts
East Coast Florida -
Put a deposit on a 2023 Meteorite Gray (gray interior) EXL FWD with expected delivery in late December. Price was MSRP + $500 in required dealer addons (wheel locks, splash guards, cargo tray, & all-weather mats). I added door edge guards for $156 more, so total is $35,661. Predelivery service charge is $800 additional.

First time I ever paid MSRP - it's a different world!

· Registered
167 Posts
I'm no economist, but I'm thinking if the world's economy tips into recession in the next couple of years (as many economists seem to think is likely) and interest rates keep going up (the Fed shows no signs of lifting its foot off the gas pedal), Honda is going to have to stop making cars because its dealers won't be able to sell them, or at least not at these prices. If I'm not mistaken, as recently as 2020, a new AWD CR-V EX was about $28,000. I paid $25,000 for mine new in 2012. For it to be selling now for $6,000 above the 2020 price in only 3 years (roughly $34,000) is BANANAS. That used to be about what you'd pay for a base-trim Pilot.

· Registered
167 Posts
MSRP for a 2020 AWD EX was $29,160
MSRP for a 2023 AWD EX is $32,610
OK on the 2020 price, but attached are 2 screenshots from a local dealer showing MSRPs of just below and just above $34,000 for EXs.

Attachments

· Registered
167 Posts
They must have some accessories added in or something? View attachment 158920
🤷‍♂️ it's possible. Though I just took a look at another local dealer's site, and the only 2023 EX it has in stock is shown at an "MSRP" of $34,250, like one of the EXs in my post above. The dealerships are in different states and owned by different entities, so I'm not sure what's going on with the pricing. Maybe there is a Northeast premium?

· Registered
119 Posts
🤷‍♂️ it's possible. Though I just took a look at another local dealer's site, and the only 2023 EX it has in stock is shown at an "MSRP" of $34,250, like one of the EXs in my post above. The dealerships are in different states and owned by different entities, so I'm not sure what's going on with the pricing. Maybe there is a Northeast premium?
Oh, the $34,250 is including the upcharge for the premium paint and the destination charge which is $1,245. Without the premium paint it's the $33,855 The 2020 price if you included the destination charge (but without premium paint) would have been $30,155.

· Registered
8 Posts
I'm in the greater Harrisburg area and I have a deposit on a Sport Touring with Bobby Rahal Honda. In their October order they were able to order the color I preferred but do not have a build date yet. According to the conversations and emails I have had with my sales person, I am purchasing at MSRP + $100 for wheel lock nuts. When they get a build date I will be signing paper work and can update with final pricing then. There are a few add-ons I would like, but their pricing for those installed is a little steep and I will most likely order from College Hills Honda. According to my sales person they have just received their first batch of about EX and EX-L.
Did you get your build date yet? I also ordered from Bobby Rahal and was told the same deal. I was contacted by my sales rep @ 10 days ago and told my build date is 12/7-12/11. He didn't mention anything about coming in to sign any paperwork, so I'm assuming it can wait until the vehicle arrives.

· Registered
2023 CR-V Sport Touring Urban Gray Pearl
19 Posts
Did you get your build date yet? I also ordered from Bobby Rahal and was told the same deal. I was contacted by my sales rep @ 10 days ago and told my build date is 12/7-12/11. He didn't mention anything about coming in to sign any paperwork, so I'm assuming it can wait until the vehicle arrives.
The last I contacted my sales rep was 10/31, while I am anxiously awaiting the new vehicle I don't want to bother too much. I will be emailing him Dec 1st if I haven't heard from him yet. I may be misremembering about needing to sign paperwork as it has been since the end of July when I put down a deposit.

· Registered
3 Posts
Just picked up a 2023 CRV EX AWD for $35k (Edit - - $35,8xx). Dealer was asking $5k over MSRP, but we eventually agreed to doing $2k over. While I hate to ever pay over sticker, decided on a number in my mind that I was willing to pay and they were willing to meet me at said number. In this current market and since no Honda dealer in my area is selling at MSRP, I'm relatively happy with the outcome.. and very happy so far with the vehicle.
I bought the exact same trim / color that you did at the end of October. Happy motoring.

· Registered
2 Posts
Anaheim area of CA (Corona to be exact): 2023 CR-V Hybrid AWD Sport Touring purchased 11/23 for $3,500 over MSRP, all of which consisted of these dealer add-ons: paint protection, security system, wheel locks, and window tint. Dealer fully disclaimed that the add-ons were their way of marking up the price but at least they gave me something, albeit overpriced accessories!
I appreciate this forum and look forward to being a contributing member!

41 - 60 of 180 Posts