Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 80 of 180 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
I find this forum very interesting and informative, thanks for all who are sharing their experiences. IMO dealer markups and forced add-ons over MSRP tells me that a dealer is not concerned about future business or customer loyalty, only immediate profits. If you are selling at MSRP you are making a very fair profit along with the dealer hold back. Almost all dealers now add an additional DOC fee which is nothing more than ADP (additional dealer profit per vehicle). Greed is rampant in our society, but unless I had no other options I would never pay over MSRP for any vehicle or be forced to buy overpriced add-ons in order to buy. I spent over 40 years in the automobile business, my goal was always to try and develop a loyal customer base who were comfortable sending me their friends and family. It served me well for many years. I understand that not all people operate with the same philosophy. I plan to trade for a new CRV Hybrid, but will probably wait a little while until the rush to have one of the first available dies down. Thankfully, I am not one of those who have to have things NOW, and am willing to pony up for it.

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
is there a website where I can see a detailed report of my build including the exact date when it was built?
Not sure such a remit exists for mortal buyers.

Dealership systems may have something, but they arent obliged to share that info (least thats how it is in the UK).

· Registered
119 Posts
There don't seem to be any Sport Hybrid Canyon Blue allocations in my area yet.

Someone I know just signed to buy one from a local dealer today. MSRP with no up charge. It’s supposed to be built the 2nd week of December. Apparently that same dealer has a red one coming in 2 weeks still available and also for just MSRP. That availability really surprised me.

· Registered
2 Posts
My wife and I picked up an EX-L 2wd at Coggin Honda in Ft. Pierce, Florida today. I recommend this dealer as they do not charge any “market adjustments”, I bought a ‘22 Accord from them last year and they were the only dealer within a 2 hour drive that wasn’t asking for over MSRP.
They had a few ‘23 CRVs in inventory, and after flirting with a ‘20 RDX next door we decided a fresh redesigned new CRV for just about the same money was the better choice.
we paid MSRP, and they matched a cash offer for her trade that we received somewhere else.
If I lived in South FL or Orlando I’d make the drive to this dealer as they continue to be the fairest around.

· Registered
2023 Sport Touring Meteorite Grey
6 Posts
I agree with you about Coggin dealerships
I have a deposit on a 23 Sport Touring at Coggin Honda in DeLand for MSRP plus $995 for all weather mats, wheel locks and window tint. No other markups. The dealer in Leesburg, Jenkins Honda, has a market adjustment of $10,000 which is laughable.
My wife and I had bought an 18 Accord EX-L and an 18 CR-V EX-L from Jenkins Honda but never again.

· Registered
CRV
15 Posts
I agree with you about Coggin dealerships
I have a deposit on a 23 Sport Touring at Coggin Honda in DeLand for MSRP plus $995 for all weather mats, wheel locks and window tint. No other markups. The dealer in Leesburg, Jenkins Honda, has a market adjustment of $10,000 which is laughable.
My wife and I had bought an 18 Accord EX-L and an 18 CR-V EX-L from Jenkins Honda but never again.
No 'pre delivery service charge' on your new CRV?

· Registered
6 Posts
I wouldn’t buy a 2023 at this point. Too early in the manufacturing cycle for me. Just my opinion, but backed up by getting screwed twice in my car buying life by brand new vehicles very early in their lifecycle.
I typically agree with the "not buy the first year" rule. My biggest mistake was a "Buy American" attempt with a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The worst car I have ever owned. I went through 3 sets or pads and rotors before 36,000 miles and these were the cheaper failures. However, my daughter's car just died and I am giving her my 2011 CR-V EX in May. This pushed me a little. I was waiting for the 2023 which added new safety features to the CR-V that had already been integrated to prior years and models. This rule might not apply as much for the 2023 CR-V with gas engine. This is supposedly the same engine as the 2022 CR-V (with minor tweaks) and I would expect the engine technology is the almost the same as my wife's 2019 Accord 192 HP Turbo and they have been making CVTs for a while. Relating to the Infotainment features this is the same as rolled out in the Civic last year and is similar to the 2019 Accord. The safety features are the same as in my wife's 2019 Accord. Because of these, "first year" doesn't seem as risky.

· Registered
3 Posts
Took my 5th GEN CR-V EX 1.5 Turbo CVT in for service at the dealer, yesterday. They had two 6th GEN CR-V demos on the lot - one a Sport Hybrid; the other a CRV-EXL. Both looked very nice with the Hybrid color combo of “Still Night Pearl” and gloss black wheels/trim looking especially sharp! A check of the window stickers revealed a dealer mark-up of about $3500 per vehicle over MSRP. That pushed the non-hybrid EXL to just over $40K. The dealer has no CR-Vs currently in stock for sale. Overheard a salesman on the phone with a customer say a few are due in soon. In the meantime, customers can drive one of the demos and then order one. That may be appealing to someone who wants to add options (like a special color, rear USB ports, roof rack, etc.). However, an extra $3.5K over MSRP might be a non-starter. Since I just bought mine at the end of the lease, I‘ll be waiting a while.

· Registered
2023 CR-V Sport Touring
183 Posts
I got a quote from Saccucci; $0 deductable - $1215; $100 deduc - $1097. Haven't done any comparisons since I don't have my CRV ordered. There don't seem to be any Sport Hybrid Canyon Blue allocations in my area yet.
That is what I have ordered, my build date is 1/23 - 1/27. They quoted me 38,500 but I am not sure what add ons are in that.

The dealer had dates running all the way into April. Is that what you mean by allocations?

· Registered
48 Posts
That is what I have ordered, my build date is 1/23 - 1/27. They quoted me 38,500 but I am not sure what add ons are in that.

The dealer had dates running all the way into April. Is that what you mean by allocations?
Pretty much. Sales manger said they first get a list of specific models/trims that have been allocated to them. Later they get actual build dates for those vehicles. In this market most of the available hybrids seem to be Touring models; makes sense that Honda would skew towards the most profitable trims in early production, I guess. I'm in no particular hurry so will only pay msrp. Dealer I bought my gen5 from has recently backed off selling the gen6 with a market adjustment; that makes two of the five dealers in the region who will take an order at msrp, no add-ons.

61 - 80 of 180 Posts