Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

6th Gen Honda CR-V Price Reporting Thread

28712 Views 179 Replies 57 Participants Last post by  icarus
Pease use this section to discuss 6G CR-V (1.5T and 2.0 Hybrid) pricing ONLY.

Off topic posts will be removed without notice.

If you wish to discuss trims/specs/features and/or grind axes on that, then use THIS LINK.

Thank you!
121 - 140 of 180 Posts

· Registered
2023 CR-V Sport Touring
183 Posts
Did anyone see any hybrid sports model available? I only see loaded sports touring model in my area (PA). Looks like Honda only makes high end hybrid model at this point...
I could have had the sport in early January, I wanted the touring so I wait.

· Registered
48 Posts
Did anyone see any hybrid sports model available? I only see loaded sports touring model in my area (PA). Looks like Honda only makes high end hybrid model at this point...
In Albany, NY area there are Sport models available to put a deposit on but many more Touring. Definitely seems Honda is prioritizing the most profitable trims; makes sense.

· Registered
64 Posts
MSRP for 2023 CRV Sports Touring. + 200 document fee, 300 dealer add-on for mud flaps (they put on all). Got KBB cash price for trade-in which was almost 3k more than original offer - but still on low end of fair value. Central Indiana. My sense was that supply was picking up.

· Registered
2023 CR-V Sport Touring
183 Posts
I have a question about pricing. I have a deposit on a 2023 sport touring. They want 38,800 no mark ups. I got my Ridgeline from a different dealer. I had to bring it in because the walk away locks stopped working when hell froze over last week. While I was on the phone I asked the sales staff if they had any CRVs in stock and how much. Well they didn't have the sport touring but they said it was 43,400 and claimed no mark up.

So say they had one in and I lost my mind and decided to waste 5k to have it now, what would that sticker have looked like? Do they change the base price, is there a premium listed? He tried to claim they weren't marking them up but clearly that is a lie. He tried to scare me saying that I was going ripped off because I wasn't given a vin number for the car that has not been built yet. Kind of sad I bought my truck from such a shady dealership but their service is great.

· Registered
64 Posts
The MSRP is right around 40,000 as has been pointed out. You can take your car in for service at any dealer, not just the one you purchased it from. Feel free to shop around. In another month or two, there will be more deals to be had. Don't make a bad deal. Say absolutely not to any stupid add-ons or dealer markup.

· Registered
8 Posts
I have a question about pricing. I have a deposit on a 2023 sport touring. They want 38,800 no mark ups. I got my Ridgeline from a different dealer. I had to bring it in because the walk away locks stopped working when hell froze over last week. While I was on the phone I asked the sales staff if they had any CRVs in stock and how much. Well they didn't have the sport touring but they said it was 43,400 and claimed no mark up.

Sounds like you may have an issue with both dealers. The first price of $38,800 is below MSRP when including the destination charge. Guessing you are going to get hit with the destination charge of $1,245, when you go to finalize the purchase. Andymax listed the correct current MSRP prices. If the other dealer's price is $43,400 and he is being truthful about no markup, the only way he could be doing this is adding dealer installed accessories.

· Registered
2023 CR-V Sport Touring
183 Posts
They may not be shady overall...sounds more like you got the shyster sales guy. It's quite easy to prove him wrong, so tell him you'll pay the actual MSRP plus destination...$39845 (or $40,240 if it has premium paint color).
Ahh, I should have referenced my invoice, I knew it was nowhere near 43,400. It says 39,845 sales price, 806.80 aftermarket accessories, then 499 admin fees they always take off so 41,150.80. Still can't think of any accessories that could bring it up to 43,400

· Registered
8 Posts
Ahh, I should have referenced my invoice, I knew it was nowhere near 43,400. It says 39,845 sales price, 806.80 aftermarket accessories, then 499 admin fees they always take off so 41,150.80. Still can't think of any accessories that could bring it up to 43,400
There are some pretty high-priced accessories, but they might also be adding other dealer add-ons, like paint and interior protection, gap insurance, alarm systems, window tinting, etc..

I ordered a Sport Touring from Bobby Rahal Honda in Harrisburg, PA. It is scheduled to arrive at the dealership by 1/5. My price is MSRP of $40240 (I did select a premium paint color), $422 doc fees, and $100 for wheel locks. Don't really care about the wheel locks, but since it was the only "forced" accessory they were adding, I just let went with it.

· Registered
2020 Touring Hybrid
2,087 Posts
There are some pretty high-priced accessories, but they might also be adding other dealer add-ons, like paint and interior protection, gap insurance, alarm systems, window tinting, etc..

I ordered a Sport Touring from Bobby Rahal Honda in Harrisburg, PA. It is scheduled to arrive at the dealership by 1/5. My price is MSRP of $40240 (I did select a premium paint color), $422 doc fees, and $100 for wheel locks. Don't really care about the wheel locks, but since it was the only "forced" accessory they were adding, I just let went with it.
Just make sure for the $100 they remove the wheel locks and throw them away for you before delivery. 🙂

· Registered
2023 CR-V Sport Touring
183 Posts

I am planning on taking a look when I pick up the truck. I am curious. Still they can't deliver the canyon blue until mid February so I am going with the one I have ordered. The dealership I bought the Ridgeline from is 3 miles from my office, the one I ordered the CRV from is 3 miles from my house. I use both of them for service depending on which day of the week it is.

Thank you for all the info, it was a head scratcher.

· Registered
2023 CR-V Sport Touring Urban Gray Pearl
19 Posts

I'm still waiting on my arrival date. Build date got pushed back 1 week to 12/12-12/16.

Sport Touring in Urban Grey Pearl. $40,240.00
They added the wheel locks, I added cargo cover and black emblems.
Total OTD $43,431.04

· Registered
6 Posts

I would question those DOC fees. In Pennsylvania, they are rarely that high even with new tags. 40K for the new CRV has me considering VW ID.4 and the RAV4 Hybrid.

· Registered
8 Posts
I would question those DOC fees. In Pennsylvania, they are rarely that high even with new tags. 40K for the new CRV has me considering VW ID.4 and the RAV4 Hybrid.
I just did a quick Google check and $422 is the max doc fee allowed in PA. In better times I would try to negotiate that down, but I'm sure due to demand, right now it would be a lost cause.

· Registered
64 Posts
I just did a quick Google check and $422 is the max doc fee allowed in PA. In better times I would try to negotiate that down, but I'm sure due to demand, right now it would be a lost cause.
Ultimately we all have to decide how much it's worth to get this car - and in what time frame.
For me, it was MSRP, a $200 doc fee and dealer installed mud flaps ($300) - which they install on all new Hondas.
They low-balled me by about $2k on the initial value of my trade in - but they gave me the KBB cash offer value when I pushed it. I would have walked away if they hadn't. MSRP is enough - no way am I going to pay dealer markup or unwanted and overpriced add-ons.

I had my deposit on a car (Sport) that should have been showing up a month from now. I called them and upgraded to a Sport Touring and said that I'm seeing other dealers where they appear to be in stock. I was flexible with the color and they found a white one (great color, btw). I was driving home just in time for the major storm before Christmas.

You are going to be making payments on the car long past the time when the "new car smell" has worn off. Don't make a bad deal just because you are impatient. Seriously, a month or two and it will be a different story at the dealer - it's already starting to change.

· Registered
2023 CR-V Sport Touring
183 Posts
I am obsessed with the blue but they have a red one in route so I may switch colors. They said they will match the other dealer.

I went ahead and signed everything for the red one. It should be in in a week or two. Sooooo excited! The only difference in price was the upcharge for the red paint. I did get to look at the one that was in inventory and couldn't find any accessories I needed to add to what was there other than the homelink.

· Registered
6 Posts
Ultimately we all have to decide how much it's worth to get this car - and in what time frame.
For me, it was MSRP, a $200 doc fee and dealer installed mud flaps ($300) - which they install on all new Hondas.
They low-balled me by about $2k on the initial value of my trade in - but they gave me the KBB cash offer value when I pushed it. I would have walked away if they hadn't. MSRP is enough - no way am I going to pay dealer markup or unwanted and overpriced add-ons.

I had my deposit on a car (Sport) that should have been showing up a month from now. I called them and upgraded to a Sport Touring and said that I'm seeing other dealers where they appear to be in stock. I was flexible with the color and they found a white one (great color, btw). I was driving home just in time for the major storm before Christmas.

You are going to be making payments on the car long past the time when the "new car smell" has worn off. Don't make a bad deal just because you are impatient. Seriously, a month or two and it will be a different story at the dealer - it's already starting to change.
Jake,

It really about needs vs wants. We want to replace our 2007 Odyssey with 182K miles on it While the product is scarce flexibility is needed (our Pilot is white too and we really like it). Still, we will not overpay for (ADM) additional dealer markups or dealer add-ons like a $750 Honda tow hitch when the same part can be installed later for $350 using the dealer's service department. There will be more stock later in the year Enjoy your new ride!

Ira

Below are just a few of the Honda that we've owned.

2019 Pilot EXL AWD
2017 Accord Hybrid EXL
2007 Odyssey EXL
2005 Odyssey EXL
2001 Accord EXL
1998 Acura TL 3.5
1995 Acura Integra GS-R
1978 Civic Hatchback

· Registered
3 Posts
We are in the Northwest Houston area. We put down the $1k deposit for a 2023 Cr-V Hybrid Sport (FWD) Tuesday. It should arrive around the first of Feb. I could've waited for my preferred color (royal / lighter blue) sometime mid-march, but decided the darker blue was nice enough without the wait and surcharge for premium color. We paid MSRP (plus sales tax, title, license) and the dealer included window tinting for free. (They do window tinting for all sales I THINK.) The dealer said they were guaranteeing MSRP pricing through the end of this week. (Year end sales totals???) We visited another dealer because they had the preferred color arriving this week, but they wanted $1500 over MSRP and were including nothing for free.

· Registered
6 Posts
We are in the Northwest Houston area. We put down the $1k deposit for a 2023 Cr-V Hybrid Sport (FWD) Tuesday. It should arrive around the first of Feb. I could've waited for my preferred color (royal / lighter blue) sometime mid-march, but decided the darker blue was nice enough without the wait and surcharge for premium color. We paid MSRP (plus sales tax, title, license) and the dealer included window tinting for free. (They do window tinting for all sales I THINK.) The dealer said they were guaranteeing MSRP pricing through the end of this week. (Year end sales totals???) We visited another dealer because they had the preferred color arriving this week, but they wanted $1500 over MSRP and were including nothing for free.
MSRP (plus tax and tags) seems to be the "best deal" at the moment. Best of luck your Sport Hybrid with it when it arrives.

121 - 140 of 180 Posts