Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
161 - 180 of 180 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Is there a question here? The MSRP went up on January 1. So here's the thing though, at some point dealers aren't going to be able to demand MSRP.
There are more of these cars available and on the lot, and real soon scarcity will not be such a thing. Going into February, I wouldn't assume MSRP. I'd be testing the waters for 500 under MSRP.
Also, the purchase price is just one place to make money. The other place is your trade-in value. My dealer was trying to undervalue my trade-in significantly.

· Registered
2023 CR-V Sport Touring Hybrid
16 Posts
Is there a question here? The MSRP went up on January 1. So here's the thing though, at some point dealers aren't going to be able to demand MSRP.
There are more of these cars available and on the lot, and real soon scarcity will not be such a thing. Going into February, I wouldn't assume MSRP. I'd be testing the waters for 500 under MSRP.
Also, the purchase price is just one place to make money. The other place is your trade-in value. My dealer was trying to undervalue my trade-in significantly.
Interesting. One reason I bit the bullet on paying over MSRP was that my dealer overvalued my 13-year-old trade-in, from what I could tell. But if there is a significant drop in the pricing point come February, I won't hear the end of it from my wife, who wanted to wait until then. Might need to throw some filters on my home router so she can't check dealer prices next month. :)

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
My dealer was trying to undervalue my trade-in significantly.
This is what all dealers the world over do - beyond selling cars, they aim to buy trade-ins low and sell them higher later.

· Registered
2023 CR-V EX-L FWD Brilliant Red grey interior
1 Posts
just bought my EX-L from a dealer in Dallas who will remain nameless. As soon as they come in, they sell, so be prepared to jump. American Honda website will show you what are scheduled to be delivered but not when. That helps, and the day I called the rep the color and model on the Honda site just got delivered. Paid MSRP, no markup, but the pushed extended warranty hard, even lowering the monthly below what they originally quoted. It wasn’t until got home I realized they padded the monthly, then ”threw discounts” at it. So I ended up paying a few grand more than MSRP but got the model and color my wife wanted and she is ok with the extended warranty. For that much they should have thrown in the homelink mirror, which I just ordered. She got the color and loves the car. I dislike car buying but didn’t feel like I was ripped off, just not truthful. Take a picture of the worksheet the rep is using because it disappeared and i had to recall from my memory the terms, opening me up to have the numbers adjusted. Still happy with the car.

· Registered
8 Posts
Great experience with O'Donnell Honda. Straight MSRP purchase on a Sport Touring Hybrid, was one of the first arrivals (December 15th), got me the exact color I wanted with no issues. Did not get any accessory or warranty BS in the finance department. Very professional and expedient with the whole process.

· Registered
12 Posts
Yes i have a 2017 Pilot I want to trade and because of this dealer trickery I will not order a CRV. It has to be on the lot so I can negotiate both prices.

Great experience with O'Donnell Honda.......
Do you mean Odonnel Honda in Maryland?

· Registered
2023 CR-V Sport Touring
183 Posts
About the only shady thing they tried was charging me 2023 pricing for the accessories I ordered along with the car. After a bit of never mind I will order them from College Hills. I asked where is the sheet I signed with the prices of the accessories on it, apparently it was lost, they ended up backing down and giving me the original prices.

· Registered
1 Posts
I need some advice. I am trying so hard to buy a Hybrid Sport Touring spec but cannot for the life of me find an honest deal. I'm sure it will come with time but I have gotten 6 quotes today. Every one was over MSRP significantly. 5500 (lol), 4000, 3500, 3400, 2500, and the last was 900 over but they were out of state and said they are not accepting out of state deals right now. Each one was either a b/s accessories package, "market adjustment," or both. It's getting to the point where my time isn't worth looking for savings anymore and I might just pay the piper, but I am stubborn enough to give it another week shopping nationally. Anyone have the contact information of a dealership that will go MSRP? Specifically looking for Urban Grey Pearl exterior. Serious buyer, tier 1 credit, quick deal will fly and drive if necessary. I live in Texas.

· Registered
2023 CR-V Sport Touring
183 Posts
I need some advice. I am trying so hard to buy a Hybrid Sport Touring spec but cannot for the life of me find an honest deal. I'm sure it will come with time but I have gotten 6 quotes today. Every one was over MSRP significantly. 5500 (lol), 4000, 3500, 3400, 2500, and the last was 900 over but they were out of state and said they are not accepting out of state deals right now. Each one was either a b/s accessories package, "market adjustment," or both. It's getting to the point where my time isn't worth looking for savings anymore and I might just pay the piper, but I am stubborn enough to give it another week shopping nationally. Anyone have the contact information of a dealership that will go MSRP? Specifically looking for Urban Grey Pearl exterior. Serious buyer, tier 1 credit, quick deal will fly and drive if necessary. I live in Texas.
No idea where you live but there is one dealer in St Louis that straight up sells at MSRP. Others will match that but you have to have something to negotiate with. I had put money down on one that would have been built this week. I went to the dealer that I bought my Ridgeline from for maintenance and when I asked they had one coming in sooner. Picked it up today. When presented with I can get it at MSRP from the other dealer they matched it.

· Registered
2023 Sport Touring
1 Posts
The CR-V that I reserved last November finally came through to my dealer. I appreciate the information I've learned on here; I feel I was able to come away with a reasonable deal. Bought a Canyon River Blue Sport Touring hybrid today. I bought it for the 1/1/23 updated MSRP + delivery (40395), 1750 for a 8yr/120k/0 copay HondaCare warranty, no accessories. All told with warranty taxes and doc fees it came to about 45k. No accessories, no required purchases, none of that. I'm aware I could have bought the warranty for a few hundred less online, but the dealer was willing enough to drop the price significantly when negotiating on the warranty price and given how smooth the process went with both purchase & finance I was OK throwing in a little bit of extra on the deal there.

Note that the MSRP price was contingent on financing through the dealer; they did charge an extra 1k for bringing your own finance. No real games there, I was able to get Honda's 3.9/48mo current finance offer just by bringing it up, and that handily beat any financing I was able to get externally, so no complaints there.

As for the accessories I want, I've ordered some basics from college hills honda, as spending a few hundred more on someone unboxing some mats and putting them in the car isn't as far as I'm looking to go.

Next up - figuring out how to hardwire in this dashcam I bought... once it's not so snowy, and hopefully not so cold.

· Registered
2023 Honda CRV Sport Touring Hybrid
6 Posts
I checked with 4 dealers and was quoted MSRP on a Touring Urban Grey from 2 in December. When it came time to do final paperwork the dealer stated he MIGHT increase the price due to Honda 2023 annual increase when it arrived in Feb. When he refused to honor the original price I went to another dealer and placed the order. The new dealer committed to honoring the agreed price. Car came in today and they kept their word! Lost a sale for nickel and diming over $600 on a $40k purchase.

· Registered
2023 CR-V Hybrid Sport Touring - Meteorite Gray/Gray Interior
14 Posts
Picked up our Sport Touring Hybrid, Meteorite Gray/Gray interior (GORGEOUS combo IMHO) this past Saturday...paid straight MSRP+Destination - $39845 plus tax. No add-ons, no pressure, etc. Great dealer experience in Dayton OH...drove over from Columbus.

· Registered
2023 Still Night Pearl Sports Touring
18 Posts
Picked up our Sport Touring Hybrid, Meteorite Gray/Gray interior (GORGEOUS combo IMHO) this past Saturday...paid straight MSRP+Destination - $39845 plus tax. No add-ons, no pressure, etc. Great dealer experience in Dayton OH...drove over from Columbus.
So it looks like you escaped the 2023 price increase in msrp and destination?

· Registered
2023 CR-V Hybrid Sport Touring - Meteorite Gray/Gray Interior
14 Posts
our vehicle was built in 2022 but didn't arrive at the dealer until jan26. the dealer never even mentioned the increase. Seems there are dealers charging the new price despite paying the old price for vehicles built in 2022...a few extra profit dollars for themselves. Not surprising at all. I give White-Allen Honda in Dayton a big thumbs up.

· Registered
8 Posts
Maryland is far but Shayne Wilson at O'Donnell Honda in Ellicott City gave me a straight MSRP no BS deal. Didn't even push any accessories or warranty - he texted me once asking about each, and I said no thanks, and that was the end of it. Did the financing application online prior to arrival, so on the day of pickup I took it for a test drive, looked everything over, signed the purchase paperwork, and gave them my down payment check. From arrival to leaving couldn't have been more than 90 minutes at the absolute most. That includes about 15-20 minutes of waiting for their finance department because it was Saturday morning and they were swamped.

161 - 180 of 180 Posts