Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a 22” Autofeel LED light bar (6000k/3000k/STROBE) for my bull bar to enhance lighting in certain weather conditions. I was wondering if anyone has installed one overhead on top of the windshield area. I was thinking of different mounting options like roof rack tray mounted or mounted to the inner door jambs. I measured the top and can fit a LED Light Bar around 42” to 44”. I will post pictures once bull bar install is complete.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips on the overhead?

In case anyone wants to purchase these same Quad-Row LED Light Bars, I purchase off eBay from a seller named ”autohomelight-7”.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/autohomelight-7/m.html?item=273643312649&epid=4023382640&hash=item3fb6699609%3Ag%3AWS0AAOSwcH5cFoUv&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
ya use the existing roof rails. On my 2003 I used the roof rail front mounting point and did some modifications and such. No drilling into the body, wiring hidden and so on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just received my 22” LED Light Bar, appearantly the item name shown “Rigidhorse” instead of advertised “Autofeel”. I’ll have to install it and see if there’s any differences. Should be a pretty simple five wire installation.

8BF277F9-E50C-4B05-A4E2-9EFD177A8728.jpg

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Very simple installation, drilled two holes in to the bull bar for mounting bracket and connected five wires (+/-/Red/White/Black). The setup is very bright and overpowers my 8000k projected hid. I like the outcome and will be installing more in the future.

6000k White
AA72A7A1-0273-49D7-B713-F921DBBFC299.jpg

3000k Yellow
AD7305E4-0AE3-4425-902C-2CE5528376AA.jpg

Looking to purchase a 42”-44” LED Light Bar for overhead installation. Possibly the same model to keep the 6000k/3000k/Strobe. Guess Autofeel and Rigidhorse are the same in terms of internals.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a OEM Honda First Gen Complete Roof Rack on the way in a couple days. Also ordered a 64” Roof Cargo Tray to attach on the roof rack. I will be wiring a 44” LED Light Bar forward and two 9” LED Light Bars towards the rear of the rack itself. Will never have to worry about lighting again, it’ll be super LIT.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you order a new one or used somewhere online? I have one I'd like to sell and I'm curious as to what you paid.
Damn. I spent months looking up OEM roof racks. From over $350 New Old Stock, to $160-250 Used on eBay, I paid $180 shipped (Cali) with ALL mounting hardware, rubber gaskets, and roof panel inserts. Pretty good condition with no paint missing or chips.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
FYI these cheap lights dont over power anything. They just look brighter because all the light is right in front of you. Unless your HIDs are the cheap Chinese stuff.

I am surprised your running 8000k headlights because they are illegal on public streets in all 50 states (strong bluish tint and horrible washout/reflection issues)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
FYI these cheap lights dont over power anything. They just look brighter because all the light is right in front of you. Unless your HIDs are the cheap Chinese stuff.

I am surprised your running 8000k headlights because they are illegal on public streets in all 50 states (strong bluish tint and horrible washout/reflection issues)

That’s cool. You’re entitled to your own opinions.

Just edited to show you how your and you’re are used in a sentence. :sweat:

I’m surprised you’re running HIDs without proper projector retrofits. Talk about reflection issues... Blacking out the housing won’t help the scattered beam pattern.

I get it, you just hate bluish tint from what I’ve read on your build thread. Here’s some useful information for you:

https://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/24-do-yourself-mods/112897-05-06-second-gen-cr-v-projector-retrofitting-project.html

·
Registered
229 Posts
Damn. I spent months looking up OEM roof racks. From over $350 New Old Stock, to $160-250 Used on eBay, I paid $180 shipped (Cali) with ALL mounting hardware, rubber gaskets, and roof panel inserts. Pretty good condition with no paint missing or chips.

Ok thanks for the info, mine is also a complete unit with all everything included as well. Paint isn't the best though.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just received my OEM Honda Roof Rack and 64” Roof Cargo Tray. Just finished installing them both.

7188B15E-5B47-4FBD-B1DA-8990C09A2E4A.jpg

7418D5A8-45E4-44D9-B88D-BA9B8D3B35F7.jpg

Awaiting my 44” and two 9” LED Light Bars to come in on Friday.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Just installed the Autofeel 44” LED Light Bar under the fairing of the cargo tray facing forward. Ordered and didn’t realize it was for only one Autofeel 9” LED Light Bar, went ahead and ordered another. Placement in the rear of the cargo tray in between was perfect. Routed all wiring around the cargo tray and in to the rear spoiler trim area.

DB37ECBC-FC28-4D97-BE4C-FCC4E2E135E4.jpg

43E9DBDE-4388-4FDD-9392-9C953B9D61A8.jpg

Finished the wiring on the 44”, awaiting the other 9” to wire them together.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
That’s cool. You’re entitled to your own opinions.

Just edited to show you how your and you’re are used in a sentence. :sweat:

I’m surprised you’re running HIDs without proper projector retrofits. Talk about reflection issues... Blacking out the housing won’t help the scattered beam pattern.

I get it, you just hate bluish tint from what I’ve read on your build thread. Here’s some useful information for you:

https://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/24-do-yourself-mods/112897-05-06-second-gen-cr-v-projector-retrofitting-project.html
First thing, the roof set up is awesome, really like that.

As for what I said, actually not opinions. I deal in LED lighting for a living. Quite a bit of equipment for testing and such too.

You can do what you want, it's your vehicle, and ya cool white light from a scientific and functional standpoint isnt for me. I was just pointing our some facts.

If you like it and it works for you, great. But just dont be shocked if your normal lights get you a ticket at some point.

Blueish lights are illegal on public roads and actually studies coming out starting to push against them due to the damage to the eyes of the user and especially anyone coming towards the light.

People think the cut off on a wall or garage door means they dont bother anyone, unless you live where it's perfectly flat, every time you Crest any type of "up hill" no matter how minor, you blind those coming towards you.

BTW, really, going to be a grammer nazi?

Anyway, might want to do some research on automotive lighting, what's legal and not especially in your state. No where in the midwest or California is 8000k or any lights that have a blue tint at all legal. Watched many people get tickets including by DOT (the guys that usually only target semis). Watched a truck driver be forced to call a friend to bring him proper headlight bulbs (his were really blue though, some Ebay crap I'm guessing)

Not being mean or anything man, just trying to give you some info and save you from a possible headache with police or DOT.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Just installed the Autofeel 44” LED Light Bar under the fairing of the cargo tray facing forward. Ordered and didn’t realize it was for only one Autofeel 9” LED Light Bar, went ahead and ordered another. Placement in the rear of the cargo tray in between was perfect. Routed all wiring around the cargo tray and in to the rear spoiler trim area.

View attachment 128017

View attachment 128019

Finished the wiring on the 44”, awaiting the other 9” to wire them together.
Coming together nicely.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not being mean or anything man, just trying to give you some info and save you from a possible headache with police or DOT.
Sounds like you’re wanting to be Police or DOT. My simple solution from being harassed about my LED Light Bars is called “covers”.

Sorry you’ve wasted all that time typing. Time you will never get back. Enjoy life man.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Jesus dude, just trying to warn you because of what I've seen and been warned l about lol.

But out of all I wrote that's what you pick out of it lol. I was complimenting your set up cause it's awesome. Been debating on the roof rack for mine but was unsure, seeing how its playing out with light bars on tours makes me want to go that route now.

At least here I dont have to deal with the covers BS for the offroad lights. Hell my second job right now, delivering pizzas (was off work for a almost a year due to shoulder injury/surgery) police dont care I use my side lights on the roof to spot house numbers.

Anyway, if you can chill out I'm still looking forward to how this project goes overall.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jesus dude, just trying to warn you because of what I've seen and been warned l about lol.

But out of all I wrote that's what you pick out of it lol. I was complimenting your set up cause it's awesome. Been debating on the roof rack for mine but was unsure, seeing how its playing out with light bars on tours makes me want to go that route now.

At least here I dont have to deal with the covers BS for the offroad lights. Hell my second job right now, delivering pizzas (was off work for a almost a year due to shoulder injury/surgery) police dont care I use my side lights on the roof to spot house numbers.

Anyway, if you can chill out I'm still looking forward to how this project goes overall.

I’m good. Trust me. No worries. Get a roof rack, it’s more conveinent for space. I’m awaiting my last 9” LED Bar to come in, once that’s wired I’m done with this project.

4F5D60A5-EE86-463F-8F4A-DE69FCFEA52E.jpg

·
Registered
895 Posts
Thats tight, man. I like those wheels too. I've been needing to put some emergency strobes on mine and been fighting with myself on how to mount them on the inside. I've given up on that and just decided to be tacky and overt with them. Ordered a light bar that I'm going to plop on top with some hide aways to stick in the turn signal housing on the back. May make a thread when I get started.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thats tight, man. I like those wheels too. I've been needing to put some emergency strobes on mine and been fighting with myself on how to mount them on the inside. I've given up on that and just decided to be tacky and overt with them. Ordered a light bar that I'm going to plop on top with some hide aways to stick in the turn signal housing on the back. May make a thread when I get started.
Thanks BDub! Always wanted to mess around with the taillights. If only I knew someone that can build boards. Bake the taillights like you would with the headlights to remove the lense cover. Then sketch out some boards with sequential lighting for turns and an array of LEDs for reverse and brakes. Back in the day there was an all clear taillight set, today you can get that clear lense cover from eBay around $130.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts