Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've installed aftermarket system for my V, did the big 3, better battery, high output alternator 320A(stock alternator installed right now). When in park voltage is 14-14.5v, as soon as I drive off and maintaining a speed of 45 mph voltage is at 12.4-12.7v. Turn on a/c goes back up to 14.2-14.4v or if I take my foot off the gas pedal it will go back up to 14v. I have my stock alt on right now, if I put on the H.O. alt will this improve my voltage at lower speeds or will it stay the same due to Hondas dual charge mode? how do I get my voltage up without having to turn on a/c or driving 60 mph even though I'm only driving around the block not on the freeway? I heard of the ELD bypass but I heard that will eventually bust up your alternator or battery whichever strains first. I don't know about you but I like to listen to my music no matter at a stop light , driving 20- 45mph, I know if I put my system full tilt it will only be receiving 12.4-12.7v and minimum it needs 13v or better to not strain the amps or run it efficiently. Has anyone solved a way to run their electronics or sounds safely without having to worry it dropping below 13v?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.