Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1999 CRV Lx
724 Posts
Are you talking about rack and pinion assembly?
If so you need Honda power steering fluid. Not el cheapo from the auto parts store. Also if you purchased a remanufactured one you should read the paperwork that comes with it. It should say which fluid to use.
Gl

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They were new re manufactured steering rack and pinions that failed the same week they were installed. They had Honda power steering fluid. I was told by a professional mechanic that some companies don’t put in the appropriate sized seals in the re manufactured racks that have Previous wear on them. Mine both leaked through the dust “bellow “ boots on the drivers side. I’m simply asking if anyone can recommend a reputable re manufactured rack and pinion for a 97 Honda CRV? I’ve read reviews on Cardone and Detroit Diesel’s rack and pinions set but am not sure which if either of those will be good replacements. Honda does not make the OEM part for those vehicles anymore. Any recommendations from first hand experience would be appreciated. Thx.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts