Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to replace the cv axles on my wifes 97 crv, what is the size of the nut on the wheel ? thanks.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
36mm was what I was thinking. I had to replace one on mine and the Autozone website listed it in the axle description. Just looked again and it is 36mm for a 2000. You can rent the socket from them for free. Just pay a deposit and get a refund when you take it back. Also, the torque spec on the nut is 181 ft/pounds. They have torque wrenches too if you need. Mine didn't go that high. The passenger side one says to drain the ATF or else it will leak out. I drained mine, but maybe you could get lucky if you tipped the side up into the air.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies,Ill pick up a 36mm, Im doing a steering rack and the axles so Ill be replacing the ATF with new Honda fluid, last Saturday I replaced the oil pan gasket, the car is at 226,000 miles, and my wife cant kill it.
I took it down the street for tires and the shop wanted 775 $ to replace the steering rack, and 29$ for an air filter, but they didn't see the oil pan leaking or the bad CV.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the replies,Ill pick up a 36mm, Im doing a steering rack and the axles so Ill be replacing the ATF with new Honda fluid, last Saturday I replaced the oil pan gasket, the car is at 226,000 miles, and my wife cant kill it.
I took it down the street for tires and the shop wanted 775 $ to replace the steering rack, and 29$ for an air filter, but they didn't see the oil pan leaking or the bad CV.
Hey there im haveing the same problem my oil pan leaking and bad cv its done 227000 kms is there any other little problem things i should change eg rubbers or shocks ect

1 - 6 of 6 Posts