Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

My little '97 CRV was stoned to death by a recent hail storm. :eek: Other cars in the parking lot during the storm had their windows completely knocked out -- I was lucky in that regard -- no glass damage. Over 200 strikes to the roof and an equally high number to the hood. It knocked off the rubber trim under the passenger side windows. My insurance company totaled it. I have the option of keeping the car with a clean title. It only has 145K.

So, I'm now looking for a new-to-me CRV. I'll buy nothing else. Saw this forum and thought I'd join. Perhaps I can get some questions answered about the car's I'm looking at.

I thought there might be a cemetery thread on the forum where we could post our fond memories of our dearly departed.

·
Registered
196 Posts
hail damage

Wow... My coworker has some roof and hood damage from acorns, but what you describe sounds awesome. You can always post pics in any post. If you want, you can post to the Image & Video Gallery portion of the forum.

As for your next cr-v, I think you'll enjoy whatever crv you get. Good luck with the search and I'm sure all members will help with any questions you have! Welcome!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Good luck with the CRV hunt. I love the Gen 1 they are definatly the best looking model. A cemetary/reinCARnation thread would bee pretty funny. Buy I think that most people wouldn't necesariy want to post their cars last moments on the internet. It can be a little sad:D

·
Registered
568 Posts
Welcome and goodluck on the search! There are still many low mileage 1st Gens out there. I was lucky enough to find a 2000 with only 25k miles.

As far as a "dead" thread, aside from accidents, people normally don't have their V's dying on them so we rarely ever run across a thread about a "dying V" ;)

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Boot Hill Thread

I like the idea of a cemetery thread, but why limit it to Vs or dying Vs, make it for any car that you were fond of but departed through accident, trade-in, or natural death.

CRVs4me, its your idea so start a thread over in the Image Gallery with pix of your stoned V. Make the thread somber and respectfull of the dearly departed. I'll follow up with my beloved Vincent Van Go (99 Plymouth Voyager) and 70 Plymouth Duster. None of the rest of the cars I owned I cared about enough to take a picture of let alone post on the net.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the sympathy posts. ;)

Black Pearl, photographing the dead isn't something that sits well with me, so I'll let you start the thread.

Besides, after seeing Electric V's posts, I'm giving more thought to the idea of reinCARnation. I think the only thing my '97 needs to pass state inspection is a tail light -- which I picked up at the salvage yard today for $45. I'm going to tell my insurance company I'm going to keep my car -- at least until fall.

Details on a car I found yesterday are posted in another thread.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
My V has been reinCARnated a coupple of times but not totaled in any of the accidents. But unfortunatly I don't have any pics so I won't start the thread.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts