Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what makes the roof racks on the 98-01 CRVs so sought after? We have an 01 without a roof rack and would like to have one, but every single time we go out to the self-serve dismantlers that have some CRVs of that vintage the roof racks are already gone. So what's the deal with them, and might anyone have one for sale at a reasonable price?

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Looks like at least one Honda parts site still has the roof rack for sale for the 1st Gen CR-Vs for US $199 plus shipping.
Please note that the maximum weight rating for the Honda rack is only 75 lbs.

Have you considered Thule or Yakima racks? Both companies still sell racks for the 1st Gen CR-Vs.

·
Premium Member
1998 CR-V EX 4spd auto "Big Green" completely stock with roof rack and front mud flaps
1,206 Posts
That's probably why you don't see any in junkyards. People buy them cheap from the yard, and sell them expensive on eBay.

I see that a lot with the picnic table/cargo floor. Didn't know people do that with the rack too, but it's not surprising.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I didn't have too much trouble finding one for mine. Got a new one from eBay.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Facebook marketplace usually has a couple for sale. I think it's funny when people want $200 for a used one when you can get them brand new OEM for a tad more.
I paid $199 for mine new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts