Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently picked up a 98 CRV to use as a daily driver, the power locks functioned intermittently with the switch in the drivers door so I hoped that maybe the factory keyless would offer me a better solution assuming it was a faulty switch. Well after programming the remotes that clearly wasn't the issue either. So I pull the drivers door apart and check out the module, you can hear the relay inside clicking when lock-in and unlocking but none of the doors can actually lock or unlock themselves. It almost seems like they don't get enough voltage to properly function. They move, but not full throw.

My question is this, has anyone had this specific issue with their V, and if so. Can you help a fella out with some info??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
772 Posts
Just last week I had the same problem, with the remote, all of the locks would only come about half way. New battery in remote, problem solved. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
David g. :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just last week I had the same problem, with the remote, all of the locks would only come about half way. New battery in remote, problem solved. Good luck and welcome to the forum.
You'd never think that a brand new key fob would have that issue... But you better believe I'm getting new batteries ASAP

·
Registered
772 Posts
You'd never think that a brand new key fob would have that issue... But you better believe I'm getting new batteries ASAP
Battery CR 2025..........I TESTED MY OLD BATTERY, BARELY 3.1 VOLT, BUT WHEN UNDERLOAD ???. Let me know when you replace them, ok.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Those darn CR-V electronic locks! It's like Honda implanted a poltergeist in the electronic locks in a lot of them at the factory. :) My wife and I each have 1998 V's and both have had any sort of wonky problems you can think of with our electronic locks and key fobs including yours.

I wish I could help you with your problems but there are a myriad of solutions to fixing key fob and electronic lock problems if you search these boards. My wife's V's key fob works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't and sometimes has the exact problem you're describing. Putting in fresh batteries unfortunately didn't help. Her inside door lock switch does work so she just lives with it.

My V started acting up and the key fob stopped working, (even with fresh cells), and then everything went completely out including the inside control. My son who used to install car stereos and car burglar alarms for a living and lives far away from us came to visit a few weeks ago and I asked him to take a look.

He took the driver's door panel off and went into the wiring loom that comes into the door from the engine compartment and he found two broken wires from years of opening and closing the door. He reconnected them and now my inside lock and the key fob work perfectly. Your problem could be a wire or two that aren't making a solid connection. Wish I could offer more help and good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts