Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically all it is is a slight but very noticeable shudder/shake when the vehicle is accelerating between 25 and 35 mph. it does not happen when slowing down. I bought my crv used and had a carfax done on it. it has had previous front strut damage that has been repaired. The shuddering started a few weeks ago when i took the truck to a friend/mechanic. i trust him 100% and he does great work. he replaced the front right cv axle and when i picked it up it first started shaking. so i brought it back to him and he said the only thing it could be is the axle so he warrantied it out as defective and put in a new one free of charge. the shaking was still there though after he replaced it and he said he would research it. he thought it could possibly be the clutch wearing out but the shaking in this specific manor is not a typical symptom of a wearing clutch. please let me know if any of you have experienced this same issue. i have used this website alot for getting answers to questions but have never needed to post any new questions.

·
Registered
77 Posts
My buddy just had that problem last year with his 98 manual awd. He too had his axle replaced but that's not what fixed it. His motor mounts were cracked and had to get them replaced. I think he said it cost him around $800 to get fixed, and it would have been double at the dealer. He also had a problem with the bearings going out around the same time. So I would at least get those 2 things checked out, and hope that it's just some bearings. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
agree with above.... Do not use aftermarket axles!

I had the same problem with my integra. It would shudder upon acceleration. It happened after a drive axle change. Bought the axle from autozone. It took us forever to figure it out. I changed motor mounts,struts and did all sorts of diagnosing.

Turned out to be a bad axle. I ended up buying an oem drive axle.... low and behold it fixed the shudder. Google it. Very well documented problem on hondatech.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts