Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a very nice used '01 OEM radio and CD player for my '98 CRV LX thinking it would hook right up to the harness plug because it is same generation but it doesn't. Is there an adapter that will plug into the '98 harness plug and plug into the '01 radio/CD player? Honda dealership says Honda does not make one so aftermarket maybe? Thanks in advance for any leads (no pun intended).

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
I doubt you will find such a thing. I would just go online and find the pinout diagrams for both the new and the original units, and DIY it. The only other thing I could possibly think of would be to call Crutchfield and ask them. They may have the info and be able to custom-make you an adaptor harness. They are excellent and very helpful folks there, and if anyone can help you, it's them. Pretty reasonable pricing, too. Be prepared to give them the model numbers from both head units, and don't forget about extra stuff like any steering wheel controls or whatever other connections may be needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts