Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

I hope everyone is doing well! This is my first post, so I would like to say thanks for having me.

I have noticed over the last few days that the carpet on my drivers side floor board is mildly saturated. I think it is a small leak, but It would be worse than it appears. I am going to pull the seats out and pull the carpet back this morning. Where would be good places to start looking for leaks? I read somewhere check the CAWL and seal around the antenna well. That's all I know so far.

Cheers and God Bless!

Rob

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Moving to Gen 1 Section.

·
Registered
7 Posts
On my 99 CRV LX, I have had it leak at the upper corner of the windshield on the driver's side. This has happened 3 different times now. The solution is to have the windshield replaced, they say they can't just seal that area. Fortunately I have dealt with a reputable glass company with a lifetime warranty. They have replaced the windshield twice under warranty. So that makes the first replacement when the windshield was cracked and then two more replacements. Each time it takes about 4+-5 years before it leaks again.

Best way to determine if this is your water source is to remove the trim on the pillar. Without removing the trim, I was never able to find the leak. When I did, it was a small drip........drip.....drip. But with Florida thunderstorms, it was like a 5 gallon bucket of water had been poured into the driver's footwell. You might also remove the trim on the left side of the dash and look for rust where water has dripped down the side of the dash to the floor.

Good luck with finding your leak.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Very common leak in first gen CR-Vs is the plastic cover over the cowl (the plastic cover beneath the wiper blades). There is a strip of foam rubber underneath that dry rots and crumbles away, allowing water in. On another now-defunct CR-V site, this was a common issue many owners had. I don't recall what size to use, but you can replace it with a thin strip of insulating foam from a store like Home Depot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wildcat, I remember that site also and that tip. That is one of the things I did when I was looking for my leak. The foam I used is still holding up. But my leak was at the top corner of the windshield. The glass company thinks there is expansion of a seam in that area that over time creates the leak. But my car is in the Florida sun (and rain).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts