Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to upgrade the steelies on my 99 to factory aluminum wheels on a tight budget. My 15" wheels have nearly new Goodyear Assurance tires on them but I have had zero luck finding nice 15" wheels for a decent price. However I did find a set of wheels from a 2010 Odyssey, I think 17" with 10 spokes for $250 and a set of 17" MDX wheels for $200, from a an 06 I think. Will either of these fit without clearance issues?? I did a bit of searching but found nothing pertaining to putting these wheels on a first gen. If anyone can point in the direction of some accurate info it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
2005 and up odyssey rims will not fit. They use a 5 x 120 bolt pattern compared to the CRV's 5 x 114.3 bolt pattern.

2001-2006 MDX. have the same bolt pattern. I can't say if you will have clearance issues.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still have not gotten wheels yet, nothing for a good price that would actually fit without either spacers or buying all new tires which I do not have the $$ for. I found a set of s2000 wheels with like new stock sizef(for the s2000) tires for a good price and a new set of take off 2004 Pilot wheels with no tires for a super price. Will either fit without spacers? I know the s2000 are 2 different width wheels front to back but I can live with that. The price of the Pilot wheels is so low I am tempted to get them and sit on them and get tires as I can afford it as long as they will fit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked up the 2004 Pilot OEM 16" Alloys today. $150 for all 4 new takeoffs in the garage since 2004 when truck was new. Never driven on the street as it got accessory wheels before it left the lot and the person I purchased them from owned the lot so I believe it to be true. Now onto tires and alignment, maybe some polyurethane front bushings too....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got tires for these Friday. Went for Hankook 215/60R16 H727 with 100,000 mile warranty from DiscountTireDIrect.com for $406 shipped. I have access to a tire machine for mag wheels and a spin balancer so it is just my labor for that. I am going to mount them up and balance and install them after I do trailing arm bushings and a few other bushings and a 4 wheel alignment.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here it is with the Pilot wheels and new Hankook P215/60R16 tires all installed. Did the mounting and balancing yesterday and put them on in the driveway this afternoon.

IMAG0129.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do!! I had Hankooks on my last truck an S-10 and they were VERY good. Nice and quiet, predictable handling and an all around great tire.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Glad you didn't get the Odyssey rims. Many sell them cheap as they have PAX tires and are super expensive to replace. Also I believe you can only mount PAX tires on PAX rims. Hence another reason so many sell them off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i already got the Pilot wheels/tires all mounted and installed. I cannot afford to buy wheels and tires again right now. Not to say I will not still be on the lookout for S2K wheels for a killer price though...

·
Registered
2 Posts
i already got the Pilot wheels/tires all mounted and installed. I cannot afford to buy wheels and tires again right now. Not to say I will not still be on the lookout for S2K wheels for a killer price though...
Here it is with the Pilot wheels and new Hankook P215/60R16 tires all installed. Did the mounting and balancing yesterday and put them on in the driveway this afternoon.

View attachment 6561
how do they ride

1 - 14 of 14 Posts