Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang, I'm new to the forum. I have two first gen CRV's, a '99 and '00.
Having a bit of trouble with the '99. The ignition key will not return to the "0" position and come out.
It returns to the "0" position and comes right out if the battery is disconnected however.
There doesn't seem to be any trouble with shifting through the gears and the indicator lights are behaving normally.
This leads me to believe that there is some sort of sensor that's crapped out.
I'm having trouble figuring out what is causing this and am seeking the wisdom of the forum.

Thanks so much

-Scotty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still pulling my hair out over this one. Tried the handful of suggestions I've found about a stuck key, however, none relate to my particular reason for having a stuck key I believe. (eg; slamming the shift level into park, mercilessly wiggling the key, etc.)
Gotta be sensor or relay related as the key comes right out with battery disconnected... Hmmmm

Bump

-Scotty

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, so I pulled the fuse for the Interlock Unit. Everything is working fine just have to make double sure that I'm in park and/or use the parking brake so it doesn't roll away. LOL
I'm going to go that route for now.

-Scotty

·
Registered
1 Posts
hello,,,i am having the same problem with my 2001 V...If i disconect the battery the key will release no problem,,,,but after that..hook up battery and key gets stuck again, and will not go to "0" positon.. it starts fine, ...Did you ever find the problem with your V?? thank you!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks for the link!
Did that work? (replacing the range sensor).

Something else I found for another make, but it might be similar:

"I think there is an inter-lock solenoid in the steering column that prevents you from removing the key unless in PARK.
I had the same exact problem on my 96 Grand AM, and that's what it was. A switch on the shifter sends a signal to de-energize the solenoid when in PARK. That switch would go bad intermittently and prevent removing the key."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts