Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I take my crv to get new ball joints lower control arms an axel and tie rods, when i leave the shop I can't even drive the car straight, so i take it to go get an alignment, burned out at a light and heard a clank and ring drop coming from the rear. after that I clutch barely grabs and rear wheels hardly spun. i take it back to the shop and they tell me my carrier bearing is shot so they replace that. i take it out the shop and still loss of power insists until no power at all, i had to have it towed, then at the next shop the mechanic guns it and breaks the u joint, u joint gets fixed and all issues persist, someone help !!!!!!! when i reverse the driver side axel whines too loud, car barely drives and there is an aparent loss of power and transmission torque/grab. the differential also makes a bang sound agains the chassis when shifting/slowing down.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,154 Posts
When any car is put onto a lift (wheels dangling), the suspension and axles are in MUCH more of a droop condition than you would ever encounter just by driving. It's possible that the work you had done stressed the items that failed. :Notagain:

is there anyway the transmission or clutch could be out of line when i burned out before i got the alignment???
Not the trans itself, but if the control arms were tightened with the suspension in the 'drooped' state, that would have accounted for the car not driving straight after the first service. Didn't that shop test-drive the car??????

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When any car is put onto a lift (wheels dangling), the suspension and axles are in MUCH more of a droop condition than you would ever encounter just by driving. It's possible that the work you had done stressed the items that failed. :Notagain:

Not the trans itself, but if the control arms were tightened with the suspension in the 'drooped' state, that would have accounted for the car not driving straight after the first service. Didn't that shop test-drive the car??????
They said they did but obviously didn't because they would have insisted i get an alignment before it left the shop..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts