Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 crv that is pulling hard to the left only when my foot is on the accelerator. Its different than the normal torque steer though. For example, at highway speeds about 75 mph, if I left off the gas and the wheel it will drive perfectly straight ( just had an alignment done last week). However if I maintain my foot on the gas and let off the wheel it will take a pretty hard left. Not just a veer left, more like go around a curve left. Any ideas? Tires are in excellent shape, suspension is all in good condition.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Take it in for alignment/check front end parts, tire pressures etc.

It's nothing specific to the CRV. Every vehicle has the same basic front end parts and all operate the same. If your having an issue with it pulling, ignore the letting off the accelerator as it changes the angles of the tires to the road so that isnt something that will diagnose anything unless the differential in the transmission is damaged which is highly unlikely, it needs to be checked out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just to help: Mine's solved. The REAR wheels were out of alignment, making the car steer to the left. Seemed it uses special bolts for it, which were replaced. Also fitted new tires to finish the job. Like new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts