Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey - anyone changed valve seals on a 99 crv 2.0? Can I do it without having to take head off? Trying to locate an intermittent problem with exhaust smoke issues on cold start (not a coolant issue). Ideas??? txs

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes you can do it without taking the head off. You will need Honda's factory service manual. It's a big green book (about 3 times as thick as the Haynes manual). The procedure for it is in there (right after regular valve adjustment instructions, actually).

Do not attempt this without a factory service manual on your desk. I haven't done it, but it is complicated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you can do it without taking the head off. You will need Honda's factory service manual. It's a big green book (about 3 times as thick as the Haynes manual). The procedure for it is in there (right after regular valve adjustment instructions, actually).

Do not attempt this without a factory service manual on your desk. I haven't done it, but it is complicated.
Thanks - I'll hunt around and see if I can get my hands on the factory service manual (agreed, the Haynes manual would be of no value). Needless to say, I'm a little reluctant to open up the motor - BUT, if I do I'll update this post and comment accordingly. Txs again for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts