Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 EX
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing the oil yesterday and I saw condensate water dripping directly on the lower control arm bushing. The water runs down the circular bushing and pools at the bottom, and appears to seep into the bushing itself. There appears to be corrosion forming in the bushing at the bottom as well. ( I'm not good at posting photos). The A/C condensate discharge tube is located directly above a major component of the suspension, which seems lame. Am I making too much of this? Has anyone else seen this?
Now I am considering how to re-route the discharge tube if the dealer says "so what?"

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Surface rust caused by a drip of distilled water is unlikely to cause any problems at all during the lifetime of the car.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
As long as it does not stay inside your cabin, Also do you think the water simply drips to the ground while driving???? think I'll go under my 25 year old car and see if its rusted.... the answer is Yes overtime all things gather rust throw a lil wax spray if like under there i simply toss some lube like seilcone....

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Yes i have seen it and documented it in my thread about how to install the running boards.
The problem can be solved by adding on a few extra inches of tubing.

Rob

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
It's not a problem, that condensation is nothing but pure water. Any corrosion is not due to that, driving in the rain 1 time does far more damage that the ac drain will in 10 years

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
It's not a problem, that condensation is nothing but pure water. Any corrosion is not due to that, driving in the rain 1 time does far more damage that the ac drain will in 10 years

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
This is exactly right. Not much water at all compared to rain. Plus, most of us don't need A/C in the car for a large portion of the year.

Road salt will do orders of magnitude more damage than the A/C drip as well.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I was changing the oil yesterday and I saw condensate water dripping directly on the lower control arm bushing. The water runs down the circular bushing and pools at the bottom, and appears to seep into the bushing itself. There appears to be corrosion forming in the bushing at the bottom as well. ( I'm not good at posting photos). The A/C condensate discharge tube is located directly above a major component of the suspension, which seems lame. Am I making too much of this? Has anyone else seen this?
Now I am considering how to re-route the discharge tube if the dealer says "so what?"

Thoughts?

So many nay sayers......

I find that a piece of 1/2" O.D. clear vinyl tube fits nicely/snugly into the factory drain tube and works well and finishes what Honda should have done.:thumb:

Tire Automotive tire Auto part Rim Automotive wheel system
Auto part

Geeeeeeepers! Thanks to all the Mods and Admins.....my tool bar, etc. is back. Thanks again.:applause::doublethumb::Rockin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts