Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, 2010 CR-V, used with 96K mile. A/C goes out and I see there is a TSB 12-072 on it.
I am about to loose my mind!!!

First the airbag, then the Oil consumption TSB, now the A/C with a TSB.

I can't take it to my local Honda dealer as I need the car asap.
Getting the local garage to do the repairs along with a 50/50 from the dealer where I bought it.

I have read several horror stories and am scared to death that this is going to cost $1000.00 +dollars.

Is there anything, anyone can share with me regarding this matter?

It just stopped blowing cold air.
Fuses and Relays check ok.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Feel your pain. Have been experiencing the same problem in our 2008 for the last two months. A/C would work, then it wouldn't. Could leave in the morning and it would be working fine, come out at noon and it would blow warm air. Dealer had it a couple times and couldn't duplicate the problem. Finally it failed one afternoon and my wife drove it to dealer, they tested it sitting in the lot. Turns out it was the compressor clutch and coil. $704.00. This was exactly the problem Honda knew about and extended the warranty for 7 yrs and 100k miles.
We were one year out of the warranty and 10,000 miles above. Called Honda to see if they would goodwill us some of the repair cost.
Honda basically said Kiss-Off. No help. They create a problem with a bad design and leave you blowing in the wind when it fails.
Well I'm going to be hard pressed to look at Honda when my wife wants to replace the CR-V next year.
Thanks Honda -- for nothing but grief.

·
Registered
40 Posts
FYI...lose not loose :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
The compressor went out on my 2007 last summer. My Hondacare warranty had expired 4 months ealier:mad:. I think it was around $1,300 but that also included the water pump and the belts being replaced with it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey gang,

Can someone provide any additional info regarding this? I have a 2010 EX-L with 80K on it. I'm experiencing the exact same thing. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it just blows hot air. In fairness, it works correctly MOST of the time.

I'm pretty sure this is not going to get better with time.

Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
2022 CRV EX FWD 2013 CRV EX FWD
3,011 Posts
Ok, 2010 CR-V, used with 96K mile. A/C goes out and I see there is a TSB 12-072 on it.
I am about to loose my mind!!!

First the airbag, then the Oil consumption TSB, now the A/C with a TSB.

I can't take it to my local Honda dealer as I need the car asap.
Getting the local garage to do the repairs along with a 50/50 from the dealer where I bought it.

I have read several horror stories and am scared to death that this is going to cost $1000.00 +dollars.

Is there anything, anyone can share with me regarding this matter?

It just stopped blowing cold air.
Fuses and Relays check ok.
So what ended up happening with this? Did you end up getting it fixed?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey gang,

Can someone provide any additional info regarding this? I have a 2010 EX-L with 80K on it. I'm experiencing the exact same thing. Sometimes it works great, sometimes it just blows hot air. In fairness, it works correctly MOST of the time.

I'm pretty sure this is not going to get better with time.

Thanks
Bill

Read my earlier post. That's exactly what happened to my wife's 2008. The A/C would work perfectly 9 out of 10 times then that one time it would blow lukewarm air. Almost a month went by in June where it worked fine. Towards the end it started not working more than it was working. Turned out the compressor clutch and coil were bad. It was in the 90's most of the days with high humidity and my wife just wanted it fixed so we had the dealer handle it. $704.00. Probably could of been done for half that at an independent shop.

Only problem is it can't really be diagnosed until it fails so you need some kind of relationship with a dealer or shop. In our case we had it in couple times before for the problem, even had a loaner from the dealer while they drove it during the day to see if it would fail. They even told us to bring it in as soon as it failed. More than likely this is your problem. Good Luck.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts