Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2004 CR-V, and the A/C just went out, but before it did I had already noticed a problem. To put the A/C on a low setting I would have to turn it up, and when I turned the A/C knob down it would blow harder. Now it just doesn't work. Also, sometimes when I take off the car will jerk at about 20-30mph...sometimes right when I take off. Now when I push the gas to take off it feels like the car doesn't even want to go! The car will work fine for a while then come back! Any help is appreciated!

Registered
I had this same problem with a kind of "bogging" type of reaction when I ran my AC. To the point where I just stopped turning it on. I'm interested to know what the fix is also.

Registered
Sounds like a seizing compressor. It sounds like when its not engaged, it runs fine but As soon as the clutch is engaged and if the compressor is seized it will add extra resistance for the engine
To overcome. A simple way of checking is when the car is off, reach down and try to spin the ac clutch by hand. It should spin freely. If it doesn't you'll need a compressor

Registered
I agree with Lyan112...
Had sane issue with Main. AC just die before fall season. I just over passed the AC belt gear. Bought a smaller belt, still drving the crv, I will fix it in the spring. There is a a YouTube video, that tells witch belt to buy. That's how I figure it out.

Registered
I just bought a 03 crv and I'm taking it to a good shop that does ac. I want to make sure it's in good shape.

I guess that there's no problem with them unless they get low on coolant.

I had an 03 that the compressor imploded and we had to replace everything in the ac system. EVERYTHING!

That car was wrecked but I want to make sure that doesn't happen again on this one.

Liked that car so much I bought it again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts