1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specs:
2012 CR-V 2WD Auto
100K miles (yeah it's a lot)

While driving home from work today, my AC stops blowing cool air. I manage to get home and did a quick check (I'm a car maintenance novice BTW). The coolant is full, the inside fans are blowing and I can hear the compressor kicking on, but I noticed that the radiator fans are not spinning. Keep in mind, I live in Dallas "street melting" Texas, so the fans should be kicking on regularly. Could this be electrical issue? The fans do not appear to be stuck. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi

My 2006 CRV EX, A/C was not cooling well at idle, and the engine would run rough. At speed, the A/C performed well. The fans are suppose to start running at idle as soon as the A/C is turned on, in my case, neither fan was running. There was power going to the fans, but they were not working...so both fans required replacement. After changing out, A/C ran fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If coolant and everything else is working perfectly, it would definitely be an electrical issue. You may also need to replace the fans, if there is not any electrical issue. Getting your ac repair will definitely eradicate this issue.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Specs:
2012 CR-V 2WD Auto
100K miles (yeah it's a lot)

While driving home from work today, my AC stops blowing cool air. I manage to get home and did a quick check (I'm a car maintenance novice BTW). The coolant is full, the inside fans are blowing and I can hear the compressor kicking on, but I noticed that the radiator fans are not spinning. Keep in mind, I live in Dallas "street melting" Texas, so the fans should be kicking on regularly. Could this be electrical issue? The fans do not appear to be stuck. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Did you figure out what the problem was?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts