Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I"m new to the CR-V club as of this past Sunday! I own a 1998 year now, and it's got a couple issues.

1. When turning sharp left or right, it makes a shuddering/shaking in the rear end, and seems to bog down a bit too.

2. My right front passenger window button doesn't work, but it will go up and down from my main control on the driver side. (I checked the fuses, they aren't blown.)

3. The power locks will glitch randomly while driving, or right after I park sometimes, and just keep trying to power lock for a bit when no one has pushed the power lock.

4. 3rd brake light plug was melted when I tried to change the bulb.

I saw that there was a recall for the wiring harness and ignition switch on this year CR-V, and took it to the Honda dealership this morning to fix both issues thinking they were related to the wiring problems I'm having, but they weren't. They did repair both recall issues, but it didn't fix anything.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
1) See posts in maintenance forum about changing differential fluid.

2 and 3) Could be related to issues with wiring breaking in the door connector for the driver's door right at the hinge.

4) No help. Maybe someone put the wrong bulb in?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome!

I sure hope the prior owner didn't dump a used up vehicle on you.
Items 2, 3 and 4 may or may not be related; someone experienced with a multi-meter needs to start looking for bad grounds which are often the cause of electrical problems.
With respect to #1 - I'd sure have the rear wheel bearings checked, along with the brakes etc.

Kevin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts