Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just thought, since I joined, I'd better say hello

Last month I became the proud owner of a Japanese import (to the UK) 1995 Honda CRV. For her age she is in pretty good condition with only a few niggly little faults, mostly caused by being sat for most of the last few years (the previous owner had only done 500 odd miles in the previous year, I did that the week after I got it) but surprisingly most of those faults are sorting themselves as I drive her.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to gleaning as much info from you as I can, & of course, chatting with you all in the near future!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Are you sure about the year? I was not aware the CR-V was sold before the first model year, which was 1997, as far as I know. But I am in the UST (United State of Texas).

·
Registered
1,354 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum! Are you sure about the year? I was not aware the CR-V was sold before the first model year, which was 1997, as far as I know. But I am in the UST (United State of Texas).
Yup, that's when they came to the USA and Europe, however, this golden oldie came from Japan where it was sold from 1995. This particular one was imported to the uk at some point in 2006 and owned by the same guy, until he passed earlier on this year. I bought it off the guys family not long after.

Unfortunately that really is the entirety of the history I have on it other than MOT records.

At £600 (760 USD) it was a steal too, there are, obviously, some minor niggly faults but nothing that will stop it running and driving any time soon.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Now that is a good-looking ride! It also appears to have some very unique features - things made from unobtanium! I love the push bar and the fender mirror and the wheels and the chrome. Does it have a manual transmission? Sweet! Unfortunately for us in the US, we cannot have things like that. A lucky find, to be sure.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Excellent vehicle.

Had the pleasure of picking up a new '97 (in 1997).

We loved it.

Under the passenger seat there was a storage bin for gloves and the like until we fitted the factory CD changer.

The 'tray' covering the back end is intact a picnic table if you did not know...

Thanks for the photo, happy you are here!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
What exactly?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lost all power straight after a roundabout, engine shut off and would not restart. She cranks fine, the timing belt is still intact but there's no spark getting to the plugs so therefore no ignition.

There was no warning at all, it was working fine, and then it stopped, no engine management light, no nothing.

I suspect the coil pack in the distributor has packed in but can't test til next week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts