Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure whether anyone has seen this but my 2017 CRV last week asked if I wanted to try this update that runs the car's phone interface.
I did. It basically is a better looking interface.

After the update, Waze stopped working properly:
It would show where you were when you started running it but not move until you close waze and rerun it.
Seemingly in a random fashion, it would update my location. I noticed that this always seemed to occur while the phone's screen turned on - like when it got a text or pone call.

After some playing around, come to find out that my phone's power saving's feature hoses it all up.
If I run the phone without it, everything works as it would before.

So word to the wise is that they did something with Android Auto that makes Waze not work right. It worked before this update.
Google maps works just fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem.Waze starts in Android Auto and locks up after we start moving. Gives the first direction and it's done. Swap over to Google Maps and there is no issue at all. Have not tried restarting Waze.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have a 2015 CRV EX. I have looked at so many posts about making our radio/screen/? work as we'd like.
I have looked at replacement radios, NAV radios from re-cyclers (of course, Honda said it won't work), and other add ons.
I am also considering a small tablet, affixed with velcro that has cell service and Bluetooth to the front of the whole thing.
At this point, I am grateful for a comfortable, reliable car that gets very impressive gas mileage if I drive the speed limit.
IMHO - I don't know there are any changes that can give us all the goodies from these earlier CRVs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I recently added an Amazon Fire Tablet, Carlinkit (Wireless Carplay Dongle), OTG USB micro USB hub/cable with small Oontz angle solo bluetooth speaker to announce the Carplay directions inside my 2015 Touring CRV. I still listen to the OEM XM radio while driving to work 90 miles one way every day. Howard Stern makes a long drive MORE enjoyable on most days.
The tablet has to be tweaked to allow the Autokit APK file to be downloaded and saved to the tablet which allows the Carlinkit dongle to display CarPlay on the Tablet screen.
The OTG Hub allows 5V USB power to the CarPlay Dongle and Bluetooth speaker while passing the CarPlay signal to the Tablet's USB micro port.

Source for this project: How To Add Wireless CarPlay To Any Car With A Cheap Android Tablet + Adapter [Video]

MUCH CHEAPER THAN REPLACING THE OEM HEADUNIT. I also love Lanewatch and the options are limited and pricey to maintain two camera views on the radio head unit. The tablet allows me to mount the tablet above the radio screen so both screens are visible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts