Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHICH IS THE BEST SECONDHAND CRV TO BUY?

Yes I was probably being optimistic there. My Accord has gone to the great motorway in the sky, and the CRV has caught my Honda loving eye. Of course one I start looking around, lots of options, be it model, engine size, fuel, etc.

The 2.2 diesel turbo (CTDI?) looks nice, but a few grand more than similarly aged petrol models.

Is there somewhere that lists the pro's and con's of each model, for comparison? Is there certain ones that are much favoured, or best avoided?

The highest priced one that I could afford right now was a turbo diesel for £5,500. I'd seen some 2.0l petrol models for 2,500 to 4,000. But then they ALL look great on Autotrader.

Any opinions will be greatly appreciated, hopefully then I can fill in the "Model owned" portion of my profile.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
There are a few UK members so I'm sure someone will be along to help you out. From what other members have said the 2.2 is a good engine with good gas mileage.

There were some nice ones listed here: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/used-cars/honda/cr-v

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you wolf, yes I've been perusing Autotrader the last day or so, far too much choice, so many nice shiny cars. The more I read about the 2.2 diesel the more I'm tempted. The higher cost would soon pay for itself with the better fuel economy, then I'd be laughing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts