Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my CR-V Monday. I'm very happy with it so far, especially given that my biggest complaint right now is that it doesn't seem to have a spot to organize loose change. I've spent less than an hour in the car so far, so I might have overlooked an obvious solution. Anyone have any suggestions on this topic?

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is a small compartment on the lower dashboard to the left of the steering wheel. That's the best place I could find to put change.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I also put mine in the cubby to the left of the wheel; that seems to be exactly what it's for, because it won't hold much else, unless you inexplicably want to put your keys there.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a used medicine bottle slightly larger than a quarter. It holds a couple dozen quarters. I keep it and a Chapstick in the small section to the left of the front cup holder. Any other change is in my pocket or the jar at home. I considered the small spot below the door pull handle but used that for the wheel lug key. I also considered the lower left dash but am not using that for anything yet.

·
Administrator
3,348 Posts
Hopefully the aftermarket will come up with some designs like the ones for earlier model years

·
Registered
91 Posts
I throw it in the cupholder area and let my water bottle or metal coffee container crush it. When it gets annoying, I empty and start all over. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I use a plastic 35mm film can in the center console. (but then I'm one of the few dinosaurs who still occasionally shoots film)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I use this in one of my cars and it works well for me:

https://www.amazon.com/Custom-Accessories-91116-Coin-Holder/dp/B0001XPC7C

This model does not hold pennies, which I prefer, but they make other configurations that do.

To follow up, I bought this model and just received it. Based on some of the reviews and the price, I was expecting it to feel a bit more cheaply made than it is. I'm also impressed that it came with a Velcro mount, which I'll definitely be using. I plan on putting it next to the USB ports.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Change is kept in my small zippered bag that fits nicely into the noted cubby hole as pictured above. The bag keeps it from rattling around. JimBob

·
Registered
46 Posts
Rubber mats, CRV emblem trims, running boards, interior blue illumination, dool sill trims. All Honda originals purchased at dealership.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
515 Posts
I use a small cloth bag initially for holding sun glasses...works well and resides in the center console...I use a few plastic bins in the center console for my stuff. They stack well and keep things separate and easy to access.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts