Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a A127 code on the dash of my car. I looked it up, and it's change air filters, oil and filter, and rotate tires. Also, change brake fluid. First, I never heard of changing brake fluid that early. Anyway, I took it in. The dealership had been sending me emails of a deal for an oil and filter change, with tire rotation for $39. When they did the service, they charged $89 for that service, said I needed to bring in the coupon for the discount. They also said that the email was not a coupon. Go figure. Then they tried to sell me a "Fuel induction service" for $122, and "Ethanol treatment" for $25. I declined both. Cabin air filter change, a 5-minute job, cost me $75. Still the full visit cost me $313. Whoever on this site first coined the phrase "Stealership", had it right.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I just received a A127 code on the dash of my car. I looked it up, and it's change air filters, oil and filter, and rotate tires. Also, change brake fluid. First, I never heard of changing brake fluid that early. Anyway, I took it in. The dealership had been sending me emails of a deal for an oil and filter change, with tire rotation for $39. When they did the service, they charged $89 for that service, said I needed to bring in the coupon for the discount. They also said that the email was not a coupon. Go figure. Then they tried to sell me a "Fuel induction service" for $122, and "Ethanol treatment" for $25. I declined both. Cabin air filter change, a 5-minute job, cost me $75. Still the full visit cost me $313. Whoever on this site first coined the phrase "Stealership", had it right.
1) I had my brake fluid done today, almost exactly 3 years after purchase. It seems to be important for this car.

2) My dealer has three oil changes: maintenance minder A, maintenance minder B and 5k. They all 3 change the oil and filter, and they use the same synthetic blend. The 5k is 79, the maintenance minder B is 130 or 140. All come with tire rotation. The B comes with fuel cleaning additive and nothing more (which is scammy bc it has nothing to do with MM). You gotta ask questions to navigate this crap. I'll take the 5k please.

3) they're counting on you getting overwhelmed and just paying for at least something, which in your case was the air filters. If you're so inclined post here after about 15,000 more miles / next #2 and someone will help you save a ton on filters. I believe @fishy has some nice YouTube videos.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts