Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have 2012 and 2015 CRV and replaced new battery 4 and 3 respectively years ago. Each time when oil change, Honda tech inspected and said battery still good. But I know the battery will quit at some point without warning. So my question, should we need to replace new battery after 4 or 5 years? Thank you.
Definitely! It is cheap insurance since there is no guarantee that the battery will hold up to the specified number of months/years. If you want to be cheap, at least have the batteries load tested to see how well they bounce back from a heavy draw.

·
Registered
2013 Honda CR-V EX-L Navi FWD
73 Posts
Yes, the battery tie downs do work fine. The tie down shifted a bit diagonal in the picture but feels sturdy. I did not know which direction to install the battery cover, so I just picked one direction (chose arrow pointing towards driver side) and hoped for the best.
View attachment 142286

This clip has to be removed to allow the negative terminal to stretch a bit. It's easier to do with the battery removed.
View attachment 142287

Small correction, I unplugged the negative terminal line and unwound some loops it had, not on positive terminal line I mentioned earlier. The loops reduced the amount of length I had to pull it farther.
View attachment 142285
Thank you. Now it's itching me to upgrade and replace my 5 months old 51R DieHard Gold battery (from SEARS) I have now on my V. lol

·
Super Moderator
2,185 Posts
... But then, to me, the Honda Odyssey is not a van, it's a journey, in an unmapped ocean, with monsters and stuff. :oops: They are obviously in their own Element.
I see what you did there! (y)

As long as they don't try to Escape.

Reactions: kloker

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L AWD
324 Posts
But then, to me, the Honda Odyssey is not a van, it's a journey, in an unmapped ocean, with monsters and stuff. :oops: They are obviously in their own Element.
I see what you did there! (y)

As long as they don't try to Escape.
Or get on a plane to Yukon flying Rogue without a Pilot, then crash to the Edge of a Suburban place at a very Fast-Pace.

·
Premium Member
2018 EX-L fwd
583 Posts
Kloker: But then, to me, the Honda Odyssey is not a van, it's a journey, in an unmapped ocean, with monsters and stuff. :oops: They are obviously in their own Element.

You Homered it.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,269 Posts
Kloker: But then, to me, the Honda Odyssey is not a van, it's a journey, in an unmapped ocean, with monsters and stuff. :oops: They are obviously in their own Element.

You Homered it.
My son calls these Dad jokes. I'm not sure how to take that. :oops:

Reactions: Carbuff2

·
Registered
52 Posts
My 2016 CR-V EX was made in the first week of January 2016 and the battery died in the middle of December 2019 when the previous owner still had it. The Honda dealer put a new 51R Honda battery in it. So I have a good idea of what kind of life to expect from it. And if you are running a 51R in climate like south west PA than you should get about the same amount of time from yours.

Average ambient air temperature and how hot the vehicle gets in the sun play a big role in how long a battery last.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts