Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to buy a 2015 CRV LX but I'm wondering if anyone knows if the 2016 is near or not?
My total price is around $23,500 since I'm using Costco's auto program.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I'm about to buy a 2015 CRV LX but I'm wondering if anyone knows if the 2016 is near or not?
My total price is around $23,500 since I'm using Costco's auto program.
The 2016s should be available in the next month or so, but will probably be a bit more expensive than the leftover 2015. A dealer would know for sure when the new model year will arrive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2016s should be available in the next month or so, but will probably be a bit more expensive than the leftover 2015. A dealer would know for sure when the new model year will arrive.
but wouldnt the costco invoice price be the same as a new 2016 model?

·
Registered
197 Posts
The 2015 came out on October 1st last year; whether that date will be repeated this year is beyond my knowledge. But at the time the LX MSRP was up only about $200 on the 2014.

Nothing nearly so major as the '15 refresh is expected, but featurewise since CarPlay and Android Auto are available on the 2016 Accord EX and forum members have been CarPlay testers on their '15s it's a pretty good bet that support will appear in the 2016 model. Just probably not the LX.

Also the 0.9% Honda financing offer isn't available for the '15 CR-V, which might be on the cards once the new model year is out, plus it'll be easier in general to get a better deal from your dealer with any old model year rather than the current one.

·
Registered
859 Posts
but wouldnt the costco invoice price be the same as a new 2016 model?
No. Costco, like TrueCar, negotiates prices with individual dealers. A dealer is unlikely to agree to sell a fresh new model to anyone at the same price as a prior model year leftover. The price difference may not huge, but it will exist. Of course, once the 2016s have been out a few months the price difference will fade.

·
Registered
78 Posts
2016 CRV's will stay the same, maybe LED headlights on the Touring, similar to the new Accord and Civic and it will have Carplay standard EX and above. 2017 will be the next generation with Turbo 4 Cyl. as well as many upgrades. I think Honda is finally starting to equip their vehicles with the options to stay with the competitors.

·
Registered
172 Posts
2016 CRV's will stay the same, maybe LED headlights on the Touring, similar to the new Accord and Civic and it will have Carplay standard EX and above. 2017 will be the next generation with Turbo 4 Cyl. as well as many upgrades. I think Honda is finally starting to equip their vehicles with the options to stay with the competitors.
I would highly doubt they would make another minor model change twice before a major model change

I would not expect to see anything new on the CR-V until the next generation

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
......just saying, their Are a lot of very Happy Honda CRV owners. Many posting on the forum may have real issues that need resolution. Many more owners are too busy enjoying their new CRV to be browsing here. I peruse the forum to learn more about these fine vehicles.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Finding a Touring was hard enough last April, I doubt you would find one at all now.
Thats partially the reason we bought the only one on the way to T bay on the truck.
No choice of color, Kona Coffee which is actually really nice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
According to the October issue of Motor Trend, there are no changes to the CRV for the 2016 model year. My guess is the paint color choices will be different from the 2015 model year. It seems thats what Honda does at a new model year with no design changes.

·
Registered
380 Posts
According to the October issue of Motor Trend, there are no changes to the CRV for the 2016 model year. My guess is the paint color choices will be different from the 2015 model year. It seems thats what Honda does at a new model year with no design changes.
I can't find a link to this. Is it something you found online or in print?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I laugh when I see emphatic statements like this with absolutely no links to back up your claims

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hey thanks for providing a link... unfortunately that link does not back up your claims.
It contains no mention of LED headlights or CarPlay and specifically says that the 2017 will NOT be the next generation (even though that statement is not true - there are several articles that state that it will be larger and seat 7 - which indicates that it will be a redesign and not merely a refresh - see my links below)

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/2017-honda-cr-v-grow-size
http://hondaautoreviews.com/2017-honda-cr-v-changes/
http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2017-honda-cr-v-specs-news-rumors/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts