Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 CR-V dash lights (ABS, VSA and Caution !) blink/flicker only while accelerating. The driver side headlight also seems to dim, almost to the point of completely going out while accelerating. Sometimes the break light on the dash will turn on solid, but not always. Everything seems to be fine while idling.

Here's a video of what it looks like...

Aside from the headlight and the flickering dash lights, the car seems to run fine. I'd appreciate any ideas or help! I've seen some other posts where people had flickering/blinking but not only while accelerating.

Thanks for any help! :)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Electrical systems are not my forte', but what's happening suggests the engine torquing under acceleration is possibly loosening a connection somewhere. I think I'd start by checking every connection I could find and maybe cleaning up every ground that you see. Tough one for sure. Craig

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'd guess the acceleration sensitivity is probably due to vibration and there's a common electrical connection issue somewhere. Might be a bad ground. Have you tried gently tapping both fuse boxes or the related wiring harnesses while idling and seeing if you notice the lights flicker? Might point you in the right direction if you could generalize the area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd guess the acceleration sensitivity is probably due to vibration and there's a common electrical connection issue somewhere. Might be a bad ground. Have you tried gently tapping both fuse boxes or the related wiring harnesses while idling and seeing if you notice the lights flicker? Might point you in the right direction if you could generalize the area.
I'll check it out. Thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I'm a bit late to the party but was this issue ever identified and/or resolved? I am having the same exact problem with my 2005 Cr-v!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts