Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had to replace these bulb's ? What type and where to purchase ?

As well, key FOB not releasing t/gate glass, any idea's ? Thank's for replying.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The heater bulbs are relatively easy to replace on all generations of the CR-V. I did the one on the temperature control dial on my Gen II at the weekend. There are guides on this forum that you should be able to find with the search facility.

I'm not sure about your 1997 model, but the procedure for my 2004 one was:
Remove two screws under the stereo/vent surround and then remove surround (unplugging hazard warning switch)
Remove panel at back of cool box to reveal screw. Remove screw and pull cool box out.
Now you can see two screws that hold the heater controls in. Remove these.
Pull heater control unit out, unplug it, then remove from car.
Remove 6 screws on back cover of heater controls.
Now you can see the bulb holders. Replace the blown one.
Refit the heater control back cover.
Refit the heater controls (remembering to plug it back in) and its screws.
Refit the cool box, its screw and cover panel.
Refit the stereo/vent surround (remembering to plug the hazard switch back in) and its screws.

Took me about 20 minutes.

Not sure about the keyfob issue. On mine you have to hold it down for about 5 seconds before it'll release. No doubt to stop you doing it accidentally.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yhank's rich r, the key FOB works great as you mentioned hold for a few seconds. As for the bulbs, I'm trying to find a place to order @ reasonable $$$. I just posted about a place in California I found. Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I tend to buy the bare bulbs with leads rather than the ones in the plastic bulb holders. Far cheaper that way -here in the UK one bulb in a holder costs about the same as 5 bare ones. It only takes seconds to remove the old bulb from the holder and fit a new one, then snip off the excess leads. Also it means I can use them in my other cars too.

There are two types used on the Gen II CR-V (I guess the Gen I is the same): 14V 100mA 3mm for larger backlighting, and 14V 60mA 3mm for switches and smaller items. So the heater controls take three of the 100mA ones for the main knobs, and three 60mA ones for the demist, A/C and recirc buttons.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts