Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My issue started a month or 2 ago. On extremely hot days 90-100+ my AC blower would die down briefly then kick back up eventually. It cooled down outside and I hadn’t really had the issue since. Now it’s doing it almost every time during the day (80+ degrees now). The morning it works fine. Then early afternoon and on it dies down to barely there. It will start up full speed at first, then slowly die down to almost nothing. Recently it has been fine at the morning or night but in the day it doesn’t work...then a few minutes into the drive it’ll kick on full blast out of nowhere. Any idea what it could be?

I have a brand new compressor (March) and the same thing happens with AC off. It’s a 2007 CRV LX with 140,000. About to take this thing on a 4+ hour drive and would love to fix it myself. Just need to know where to start. Thanks in advance!

***I moved this from the Issues forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Have you checked the connector that goes to the blower motor? See if it's loose & heating up too much. If it's loose you'll feel the connector gets hot. If not you might have a bad resistor pack. If it stops spinning try to hit the motor abruptly see if it turns back on. If so, you could have a bad or low carbon brush inside the motor. Let me know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you checked the connector that goes to the blower motor? See if it's loose & heating up too much. If it's loose you'll feel the connector gets hot. If not you might have a bad resistor pack. If it stops spinning try to hit the motor abruptly see if it turns back on. If so, you could have a bad or low carbon brush inside the motor. Let me know.
Just checked it out. Unplugged it and plugged it back in. It started right up and didn’t die at all. Granted it’s way cooler now so I may not know until tomorrow. Will keep you posted. Thanks man!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far the connector has not been hot. One the motor starts dying again I’ll give it a few whacks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far the connector has not been hot. One the motor starts dying again I’ll give it a few whacks to see.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2 days in a row now with absolutely no issue. Just from checking that plug. Thanks man! I’ll keep you posted if something goes awry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts