Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The AC on my Honda CR-V 2008 works correctly on passenger side but blows only cold air on driver side. Passenger side does react if I change the desired temperature. However driver side does not, always cold.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
If you have a single lever faucet in your sink, you know how car heater - A/C works. Hot water & cold water enter the faucet at a constant temperature. Rotating the lever changes the amount of hot/cold water being mixed together to create the temperature of the water flowing into your sink. If the hot inlet gets clogged/stopped up, only cold water will come out of the faucet regardless of how you turn the lever.

The air box inside your dashboard has both heater [hot] and A/C [cold] areas. Doors/flaps controlled by servos separate each area. When you set the temperature on the dash, you regulate how much each hot/cold doors open/close. It would appear that the servo which controls your driver side heater door doesn't work anymore. You are only getting cold air without any hot air being mixed in with it, as is happening on your passenger side. To find out what is happening, you have to open the dash.

Wish I had a better solution.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,155 Posts
Check coolant level first (low coolant could result in a half-filled heater matrix).

If that is OK, you may need to flush the heater matrix with something like CLR. If you do that, rinse very well (since CLR attacks aluminum if left in contact).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: it's the driver side blend actuator sticking, not always working. Costs about 440 to replace it (takes 2-3 hours to do it). Does that sound right? Any alternatives?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Update: it's the driver side blend actuator sticking, not always working. Costs about 440 to replace it (takes 2-3 hours to do it). Does that sound right? Any alternatives?
Unless you like what your system is presently doing, you gotta bite the bullet & get it fixed. Fixing the actuator may take about 15 minutes. The rest of the time is spent taking the dash apart, then putting it all back together without having any left over parts rolling around on the floor. Know that from personal experience with previous vehicles.

Perhaps while they are inside, they can spot & correct any other possible problem areas. Be sure to ask that when taking it in for service.

Good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had this problem last month I managed to purchase a second hand actuator for £60 and fitted myself in around 15 minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts