Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I don't know if the shop that I brought my car to after the accident didn't recharge the AC properly but this is the first time I've really used my AC. Yesterday was about 77 degress out, sitting in traffic with AC on and temp set to LO. It definitely felt like it was warmish/cool air, does anyone else have this problem?

I don't want to bring it to the dealer to just be told it's normal...Also, ECO mode was off as well and Recirculate set to on.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi all,

I don't know if the shop that I brought my car to after the accident didn't recharge the AC properly but this is the first time I've really used my AC. Yesterday was about 77 degress out, sitting in traffic with AC on and temp set to LO. It definitely felt like it was warmish/cool air, does anyone else have this problem?

I don't want to bring it to the dealer to just be told it's normal...Also, ECO mode was off as well and Recirculate set to on.
What temp did you have it set for? I find mine gets much colder when set to 68 or less rather than 69 or 70.

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L w/ NAV
1,123 Posts
Mine is definitely not as cold as some other cars I've had. I was never a fan before but I've found if I use the Auto setting it seems to keep it cooler and more comfortable. Might give that a try.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
At first I didn't think my new Touring cooled as well as my 2012 EX-L or even my 2015 Fit. Then I turned the temp down to like 68 or so and I got COLD!. I guess its the programing. Now if I want to really be cold I turn it down a bit to 68 or so and she blows very cold air on me. Problem solved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've noticed when it is really humid out (here in Indiana) that the A/C doesn't work as well. I don't know why, but on the really dry days here the A/C seems to work better and freezes me out.

But if you've had work done on it, I would certainly have it checked out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have also ran the climate on auto at LO almost all summer as the ac doesn't quite seem to be as cold as my other vehicles. Yesterday afternoon it was 90F here and the ac was just cool. I turned it up to 65 and the fan speed went down and temp got colder. Appears this ac doesn't do so well if it's overworked maybe?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It worked great yesterday, granted humidity was not as high. However the issue I've experienced is, when I start the car and start driving it'll get cold but then it's almost as if the AC is cycling on and off as if it does not have enough R134.

I don't have a gauge any longer to measure the AC refrigerant, it's happened maybe twice since I've had the car back over a week now.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Running an AC on LO does not give the condenser an opportunity to de-ice itself because it never shuts off the compressor. In high heat and humidity you run the risk of forming ice and it won't cool as well or stops cooling altogether. The temperature setting typically works like a home thermostat. It really just tells the system you have reached the desired temperature then shuts the system down, if the cabin temperature increases 2 degrees above the setting it turns the system back on.

However, as I said before, the system in this car seems to provide cooler air when set to 67 or 68 degrees.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.